Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

on my schools dance team...
By broadway4life
On Thu Sep 20, 2007 08:01 PM

I am on my schools dance team. during the football season we are basically drill team but during winter we compete and in spring we have a show and in summer we do conventions and workshops.
So there were about 20 new girls this year, which is a LOT considering our team only has 45 girls. We have to tryout for every dance and so far I have only made the one where everyone made it...I haven't been dancing for as long as some of the girls, I only have been dancing for about 4 years. I can tumble and I was a cheerleader and I love to dance.
I just feel so stupid. Me and only 7 other new girls haven't made any of the other dances but they have never danced...What am I supposed to do. All of my close friends have made most of the dances. Granted they have been dancing for longer. I thought that I would hazve more time to improve but we have tried out practically the whole year of dances it seems like. I am so upset. What do I do????

1 Replies to on my schools dance team...

re: on my schools dance team...
By ConUnaSonrisamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 21, 2007 03:38 PM
I was kind of in the same situation. I made the dance team but I didn't make as many dances as I wanted to. There were other new girls on the team who hadn't danced previously, but made the dances, and I had danced for three years and didn't make as many dances as they did. My only advice would be to stick it out, maybe take some jazz or technique classes at a local studio, practice a lot at home, etc. Before each audition, you could also ask your director specifically what she's looking for - timing, sharpness, flexibility, memory, and so on. Good luck and persevere! :)

ReplySendWatch