Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Cinderella!
By VenaCavaPremium member
On Fri Oct 05, 2007 07:17 PM
Edited by Lo_ver_ly (158364) on 2007-10-05 19:25:51

I went to see Cinderella in Hamilton on Thursday night, and I just loved it! There was a great mix of humour and some just exqisite dancing (namely by Yu Takayama, playing Cinderella, who is a gorgeous dancer and was the best Giselle I've seen). The two step sisters (Abigail Boyle and Alessia Lugoboni) were hilarious and had pretty much the whole audience laughing.

Image hotlink - 'http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/Lo-ver-ly/YuTakayamaasCinderellawithadysfunct.jpg'

On the Friday I went to a talk by John Trimmer who was talking about mime in dance and explaining some scenes from ballets, and getting some of the kids up to act out some bits from Cinderella. Abigail Boyle (Whom I just adore) and Qi Huan turned up in the middle and signed programmes and stuff for the kids before their rehearsal.

I also went to see the dancers warm up before the Friday performance, which was really interesting.

So, who else has been?

3 Replies to Cinderella!

re: Cinderella!
By lesha_13
On Sat Oct 06, 2007 04:54 PM
I went to see it in Hastings. I thought it was okay. Wasn't too fond of the music but the set was just beautiful! and the grasshopper was the cutest thing ever! :)
By AmyJaime
On Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:46 PM
I went to see this in crhistchurch I enjoyed it even though I don't know much about ballet but yeah it was good and the set was gorgeous
By Merfi
On Sat Nov 10, 2007 05:40 PM
Oh, I went to it too, in Auckland. I LOVED it, and can't wait for next year's ballets! (In case you didn't know, they're going to be Romeo and Juliet, Don Quixote, and a triple bill called Red)

ReplySendWatch Draw