Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: How to survive your first Oireachtas as a parent
By lmcdo02 Comments: 30, member since Sat Aug 25, 2012
On Thu Dec 13, 2012 09:38 PM
I just wanted to let you know that this post was extremely helpful for me preparing for our first Oireachtas. I think I can do it again!
By sarahmum Comments: 29, member since Fri Jan 06, 2012
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 05:45 AM
Fantastic post and well written. Find the not showing your nervous bit alittle hard but with practice it might come easier lol!
By eturner3 Comments: 20, member since Mon Dec 02, 2013
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 06:43 PM
This is a very good post after reading it. I'm looking at it from a dancer's point of view. I wish more parents would read this. Another thing to add, try not to stress and just enjoy the experience. There will always be more in the future!!! Thanks so much for the insight!!!
By CarleIrishDancer Comments: 36, member since Tue Aug 12, 2014
On Mon Aug 25, 2014 09:31 AM
That was really helpful! I'm only a teen, but this is my first time doing figures. Your post really got me motivated to work extra hard at the next practice. But I do have a question. What happens if you recall for figures? Someone who replied to my post told me that anyone who recalls places, but do you have to do the dance again?
By krisinstitches Comments: 398, member since Mon Feb 02, 2009
On Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 PM
I believe Worlds is the only event where figure teams would dance a 2nd dance if they recall. Regionals and Nationals are the one dance only, and if you recall, you get called up on stage and placed. Best of luck to you and your team!!
By CarleIrishDancer Comments: 36, member since Tue Aug 12, 2014
On Thu Aug 28, 2014 05:33 PM
Thanks! I appreciate the help!
By shamrockinmom Comments: 16, member since Thu Feb 23, 2012
On Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:06 AM
I don't have time to read all the responses so maybe this has already been said...but our secret weapon...THE DAD! It was great to have his voice of reason; hauling, lifting, toting. Fetching things when needed, drinks, food, charging phones, clearing a path ahead of us we we could get to the ball room, etc. So hear is a vote to take your dad along with you! ;)
By mrstaggart Comments: 24, member since Fri Sep 04, 2015
On Thu Sep 10, 2015 05:01 PM
How important is spray-tanning? My dancer is younger, and it just seems weird. Does anyone wear tan tights or pantyhose instead?
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch