Forum: Guard / Color Guard

sabre
By browniex293
On Thu Oct 11, 2007 09:30 PM

is it good to do sabre for field season in your freshman year. i'm gonna do it and everyone's saying that's really good because they haven't had a freshman on rifle or sabre for a really long time.i was just wondering if most freshman at other schools do it

5 Replies to sabre

re: sabre
By ghilliegirl1592member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:21 PM
well just curious have you ever done it before? Or did you just learn and you're good at it so you are doing it your freshman year? just curious....
On my guard it isn't really allowed, my coach wants you to at least have a previous season experience on fall guard before you can be on the rifle or sabre line. For example I started winter of my freshman year because I was unable to make the time commitment for the fall, and I learned rifle and sabre and I am now rather good at it, so I tried out but was unable to make the line for this fall season because I didn't do fall guard last year
By browniex293
On Mon Oct 15, 2007 07:08 AM
i've never done sabre at all
By Flitzcgcg06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:28 AM
In my high school, we had to have a a whole year of flag and just color guard experience before we did weapon (rifle or sabre) That was just the rule. I think it just depends on which guard you are in.
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 22, 2007 04:37 PM
My guard only has seniors on sabre. I think if you learn flag and rifle first then sabre will be easier to grasp right away. Make sure you have someone helping you and teaching you how to use a sabre correctly. Freshmen can do it, but it just may be harder.
By Colombian89
On Fri Nov 16, 2007 07:01 PM
We really don't have a rule about waiting to do any weapon. This year my High School Guard did a full rifle work with everyone doing rifle.

ReplySendWatch