Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

No splits= no team?
By MyoozikNinja
On Thu Oct 18, 2007 01:31 PM

I want to try out for the school dance team! But... I can't do the splits. The tryouts are in five days and I'm pretty sure I won't get them by then. Should I still try out or are splits a basic for all dance teams?

3 Replies to No splits= no team?

re: No splits= no team?
By pinkperditionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 18, 2007 04:13 PM
Well, splits are important and for many dance teams they are required. I would recommened you stretch as much as you can over the next five days. Go to thry try outs anyway if its something you'd really like to do, and if your dance ability is impressive im sure they can work out something with you fors your splits.

but definitely stretch!

xo
pinky
By RileyA
On Mon Oct 22, 2007 05:16 AM
I really doubt that splits would be a requirement for your dance team. There are lots of girls out there who can do full splits but lack all the other important things like rhythym, musicality, coordination, performance ability, strong technique and so on. Flexibility is great but it is only one of the many things the team will look for.
By MyoozikNinja
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:52 PM
Well after talking with one of the dance team members I decided not to try out after all. She said side splits or very close (I'm not even close!) were a must have and you pretty much had to have been on the fall dance team (this was the comp. team). I'm just going to keep stretching and aim for next year. Thanks for the advice though!

ReplySendWatch