girls
By james2
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 03:11 PM

what is the worst thing your partener can do to you

4 Replies to girls

re: girls
By pointeprincess5member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 03:15 PM
i've never done partnering before, but i assume the wort thing he can do is drop you.
By BalletdogPremium member
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 08:08 PM
Edited by Balletdog (120852) on 2007-10-23 20:25:49
Even though I'm a guy, I want to respond because I have lots of experience with partnering. Pointeprincess5 above ^ is absolutely right. The worst thing a guy can do is drop his partner. Guys, don't go beyond your limits, and don't "show off." I saw a lady get hurt when a guy tried to show off...a strong guy, but he obviously and blatantly went beyond his limits, endangering one of our dancers. She dropped to the floor. He was kicked out of the school. Fortunately she had no lasting damage.

Rick
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:47 PM
Not communicating is 500 times worse than a drop.

I'm a little one, so I've been doing lifts (Ect) for a while and I don't mind falling if it's a physicality problem...but if a guy won't talk to me in class or in rehearsal, it's torture! I will talk to you -- "I need to be more foreward" "I'm not on my box" "Try a double this time?"

BUT TALK BACK!

"Tighten your frame" "Think Up" "Don't Hesitate, I'm ready" "Could we try it again?"

I'm working with a partner right now that is GREAT at this. We dance well together because He's able to communicate with me--What he's doing, and what isn't working, and then he listens to what I'm doing and together we get it right. It's not a me and him thing...it's an US thing. I don't mind being dropped...I'm not going to shatter, and usually it's my fault! If we discuss and learn, then it's all good.
By Maggie5
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:37 PM
I agree 100% with AlwaysOnStage. While I don't enjoy being dropped, it's kind of inevitable (and we usually learn something from it), but communication is essential. Talk about what might make things better or if you want to do things differently. Heck, even say something nice when things go well. Honestly, having a partner who makes an effort to talk so we can work out the kinks makes all the difference in the world.

ReplySendWatch