Forum: Guard / Color Guard

So I moved....
By dancer_meggs
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 05:50 PM

And there actually color guard at the school i moved to! I'm really excited, but kind of worried about tryouts...

I've been told that they just do a simple routine for the tryouts, but what does this usually consist of at the high school level? and what are some basic techniqes that i should know before the tryouts this spring?

Oh and if you guys have any videos that'd be great too!

See I'm graduating early, next year actually, and I want to make the team and have fun, so I'd really appreciate help!

4 Replies to So I moved....

re: So I moved....
By dancer16_90
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 09:30 AM
I'd suggest talking to someone who is on the team this year and asking them because all schools are different. But I would deffinently make sure to know. Drop spins, speed spins, blue and red devils.

Good luck. Hope you make it and have FUN!
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 09:39 AM
Well, my school doesn't have tryouts they automatically let you join. But, I would imagine that they would only expect you to be able to get down the basics and be able to preform a short little routine from that.
Dropspins, simple toss,etc. To know what you need to practive on ask someone currently on the guard at that school. I am sure they would help you.
Good luck with tryouts!

Stephanie
By dancer_meggs
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:58 AM
Thanks you guys! i have talked to just about everybody i could on the team, even, the captain. they just said a short little diddy routine and that's all :? not much help, they said that they'd teach all that we needed to know for they tryouts. Hey I was wondering what dance style is involved in color guard. I've had lyrical experiecne, hip-hop and what not
By dancer_meggs
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 02:50 PM
dancer16_90 wrote:

I'd suggest talking to someone who is on the team this year and asking them because all schools are different. But I would deffinently make sure to know. Drop spins, speed spins, blue and red devils.

Good luck. Hope you make it and have FUN!

hey could you tell me how to do those or show me a video or something, i couldn't find anything on youtube under the name "drop spin" that was related to color guard. there are plenty of things about color guard, but I haven't found anything specific...

ReplySendWatch