Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Bloch Axis- Pointe shoe with new TMT- REVIEW! (karma: 1)
By UntoldLies
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 07:26 PM

I got this shoe today and since there is mostly just company info up at the momemt, I thought a dancer review would help!

First impression-
When the fitter took them out of the box, I noticed how sleek and streamlined they were, not like the normal blocky-blochs I had been used to seeing.
I slip them on and they are like a glove, the shank was already bending with my foot but still was supportive.
The inner platform is more rounded so no big toe pain! I was sold.

Got them home and followed the instructions (yep they come with a booklet on how to use your blowdryer to heat mold your new shoes). Go to bloch-tmt.com to see a really cool detailed video of the process. The dance store actually had it on dvd and showed it to me!

I thought the shoes couldnt fit any better than they did out of the box, I was wrong! The toe box gets really soft after you heat it, after molding it to your foot and putting into the fridge for 5 minutes, it is as hard as new! But molded to your foot!

The shank is made out of some type of plastic, but it is suppost to be natural material. It is definately different than a gaynor minden shank. The TMT shank feels more like a normal shank and heat mold much better than a GM shank. I heated and bent it exactly were I needed it to flex, popped them in the fridge for 5 mins again, and they were perfect!

The process may sound long and daunting, but definately much easier and less time consuming than most breaking in methods.

Here are some shoe details-
Medium vamp
full shank
cloth drawstring
low cut sides
medium heel with shape keeping foam
leather outersole

Over all, I would recommend this shoe for a wide range of feet. If you have a fuller/sqaurer foot, the B-Morph model might be a better TMT shoe for you.
The most exciting thing is, the TMT can be incorporated into any of there current models of pointe shoes!

30 Replies to Bloch Axis- Pointe shoe with new TMT- REVIEW!

re: Bloch Axis- Pointe shoe with new TMT- REVIEW!
By catd
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:04 PM
Thanks so much for the review.
Could you give us some more details, like what other shoes do you wear and in what size, the size of your new blochs and even maybe post a photo of your feet if you have one? Oh, and your street shoe size.
These shoes sound great but nobody carries them yet around here so I'd love to try ordering a pair online.
Thanks again in advance for any extra info you can give.
By Dylademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 04:54 AM
Edited by Dylade (178073) on 2007-10-26 04:55:27 spelling
Edited by Dylade (178073) on 2007-10-26 04:56:07
Edited by Dylade (178073) on 2007-10-26 04:56:50

You did a very good description and each detail is very important. Thank you very much for share with us. Now we want to see some pictures of you wearing your new shoes!

Best wishes!
Dylade
By pink_ricrac
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 06:10 AM
My DD just tried this shoes as well and she loves it. Doesnt last any longer than a traditional shoe however, which is what we were hopng for.
By Attitude1407
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:55 AM
Thank you for posting a great review! I've been wondering about the Bloch TMT shoes. The Axis sounds like the only Bloch shoe I would ever consider buying (either that or maybe an Axiom with TMT incorporated). How would you describe the amount of taper and the profile height? Can you compare or contrast it with the Bloch Serenade or any of the Russian Pointes to give me an idea? Thanks!
By Count8member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:19 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll try those out.
So it is the plastic shank that get's soft when heated? What a pity this will only work with the Blochs, I feel the urgent need to try it out now *laugh*
By Gelseyisthebestmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:12 PM
Thanks so much for the review, I've been waiting for a "real" review! I can't wait to get some dancers in these, hopefully soon! Pictures would be lovely if you could do that...

Enjoy your new shoes!!!
By UntoldLies
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:53 PM
Edited by UntoldLies (186777) on 2007-10-26 12:55:04
OK here is more info requested-
I wear a size 6.5 Wide USA street shoe. In the Axis, I wear a 3.5 XXX. To compare I wear a 4XXX or 4E in Freeds, 4XXXXX in Grishko 2007, 4XXX in Bloch Alpha, 7W/WW in Capezio, 36 4 width in Russian Pointes, 23.5E In Chacott Veronese, and 7 W sleek in GM. oh and I do not wear padding.

The only Bloch shoe I can compare it to that I have owned is the Alpha, and ther are very different shoes. Alpha is more broad and square with a larger platform.

Axis has a fairly small platform and has a normal taper to the box. I have a slightly tapered foot (big and 2nd toe same length), wide metatarsal and a very small heel. Deep arch, but not very high instep. I think the B-Morph shoes would be too square for a foot that has even the slightest taper, it is shaped alot like to Bloch Balance which is a VERY sqaure shoe.

I could compare the Axis to Russian Pointe Entrada because the shape is simular but the Axis is much more delicate looking.

Remember, you heat form the shoes, so they become totally unique and differently molded depending on whos foot they belong to!

You know when your shoes are like- "omg they have formed to every knock and cranny of my foot they are so comfy and fantastic!!", then they die 5 minutes later??? lol

Well they feel like that when you heat form them, except they give the same support of a new shoe!

It's a really cool experience that is hard to describe in words.

I will try to get photos up of my feet in them soon!
(can I do that without an eye??)
By freedlover
On Sat Oct 27, 2007 06:19 AM
Thanks so much for this review, these shoes sound exciting! Interesting that they can use the TMT technology in any shoe, I wonder if they will apply it? I'm wearing Serenades at the moment and they are perfect for me but if they had TMT they might be even more perfect!

Anyone know if you can get the Axis shoes in London?
By catd
On Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:23 PM
Unloldlies, you're the best! Thanks for all the extra information. Now I know exactly what size to order.
By dancr4everNevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 02:00 PM
The video was really cool! But I'm a little confused...does this technique of molding the shoe only work on the Axis'!?
By lovelydancer_92member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 02:42 PM
I have these pointe shoes too, and I absolutely love them!!!! I felt the same way when I first went to get them. And yes the hairdryer and fridge process does work, really well actually.
By UntoldLies
On Sun Oct 28, 2007 04:14 PM
dancr4everNever wrote:

The video was really cool! But I'm a little confused...does this technique of molding the shoe only work on the Axis'!?

This process only works with Bloch brand shoes which have the TMT incoperated into the shoe.
Currently there are only two stock shoes which have TMT-
B-Morph (sqaure)
Axis (tapered)

It is said by Bloch that the TMT can be special ordered into any of the shoes in their current line. (So for example, if you wear Bloch Synergy, you can special order a pair that has TMT instead of a normal pasted box and shank).
By mooshrimp
On Sun Dec 09, 2007 09:20 PM
Where can I try or buy a pair???? I just watched the movie and I want them! :) But I can't find them anywhere!
By annadansa
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:20 AM
I bought them in London in the Bloch Store, at Drury Lane.

Anna
By BerensDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 03:01 PM
i thought that i would add a thought (if that was alright =])

i tried a pair on at the dance store, and even though they were very comfortable, i almost broke the shank in the store. i have very high, flexible arches, so theres just a warning to those with the same feet =]

g
By CalieElizabeth_
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 05:39 PM
I was wondering if the B-Morph is in stores now?!
I am a bloch wearer (wide toes and narrow heel the only shoes i wear sadly =[)
This store near me has the axis and i tried it on but it was too tapered and i am dying to try the b-morph
Did you try it or see it? if so where can i get it?!
By mooshrimp
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 05:58 PM
The Bloch B-Morph has been in stores for a long time. I tried them on for my initial fitting in (May I think). Just go to Blochworld.com and find a retailer and then call them and ask.
By UntoldLies
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 06:00 PM
Yes unfortunately, these ended up not working for me.
The shank is too soft for my super deep, high arch. The box is super comfy though!
By CalieElizabeth_
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 06:52 PM
OMG!! Where did you find the b-morph though?! the dance supply store i go to only has the axis and i am not sure which retailers in Westchester NY has them?
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 06:56 PM
I bought them in London in the Bloch Store, at Drury Lane.

Do you know the muffin man?

The Muffin Man?

The Muffin Man...

Sorry I read that and laughed.

/end hijack
By mooshrimp
On Mon Dec 10, 2007 07:16 PM
^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA! I thought the EXACT same thing.
By marli
On Tue Dec 11, 2007 02:06 PM
Hey that sounds pretty cool! How high's the profile? And how big is the platform compared to another shoe?
By CharlotteDalton
On Tue Dec 11, 2007 05:14 PM
Sounds like you've found the best fit for you! Pictures please!
By Ticklemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:02 PM
Edited by Tickle (21774) on 2007-12-12 12:04:05 adding things
Edited by Tickle (21774) on 2007-12-12 12:58:48 added question
Hey Marli, from what I've read, Bloch Axis are tapered, have a medium profile, a long vamp and a wide platform. (Other shoes of that category include: Freed Classics:F, U, Y, Z, Bullshorn, Squiggle, & Rectangle, Gamba Stage Pro, Grishko Vaganova, Merlet Kaliste, Sansha Soprano 101.)

Of course I'm sure it makes a big difference with the TMT option.

EDIT: I'm just wondering about the price. How much did they cost you and how does the price compare with other shoes?

~Tickle~
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch