Priority Dresses & Costumes

Poll: Arts / Photos - Members

Which headshot should I pick? Look at photos first! en>fr fr>en
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 03:24 AM
Locked by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-03-17 19:55:52 Old thread

The headshots are for my CV. I can only use one, but I can't decide! These two were the best from my photoshoot.

Which do you think would work the best? I'll be using this headshot for auditions for commercials, TV, film and theatre.

Here's the two choices:

Black background, white shirt:
Image hotlink - 'http://users.on.net/~smperris/5x7-14.jpg'

White background, black shirt:
Image hotlink - 'http://users.on.net/~smperris/5x7--66.jpg'

Helen

14 Replies to Which headshot should I pick? Look at photos first!

re: Which headshot should I pick? Look at photos first! en>fr fr>en
By lisskmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6639, member since Thu Jul 21, 2005
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 03:41 AM
Black shirt. You look much more relaxed with your posture and smile. (^_^)
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12093, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 03:44 AM
Edited by glitterfairy (42646) on 2007-11-02 19:55:01 edit
Black. Not only for the face and posture, but because of the lighting. I reckon the photographer should have got you to turn your face slightly, or have angled the lights a bit differently in the first photo because it's all very 'straight on' and we don't really see any of the bone structure we know you have.

On a second look, I really like the black. Great cut top, really nice smile. The hair is better too - you can see the layering and it flatters your face more, and elongates the neck. Whoo whoo!
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 03:52 AM
Yeah, I'm not totally happy with the experience. I think they ripped me off a bit too, because I swear the price they quoted over the phone wasn't the price I was charged, but I can't prove it because there was no written quote and they don't have their fees scheduled anywhere. Blah.

I like the way my eyes pop in the first one, but I agree the second one looks more relaxed, even though my shoulders were at a really awkward angle!

Helen
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 03:54 AM
The shoulders might have felt weird, but it looks really good. It's got a bit of an exciting, asymmetrical feel to it :D

Time to look for some photographer friends, Helen!
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 03:56 AM
I've got three friends who are photographers, but do you think I can get them to take my photo? *headdesk* LOL

Helen
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 04:04 AM
Aww :(

Time to visit Sydney. I'm lucky to have two friends that are professional photographers (probably some amateur photographers that haven't opened up to me yet, too) and both have taken some lovely shots of me for free, and at late notice.

Both are showpeople though... perhaps that makes a difference? lol. It's like we have magic wands that make things happen when we want them to.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11001, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 06:19 AM
I vote for the beautiful smiling Helen in the black shirt! :D
By ActingBunheadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1883, member since Thu Oct 26, 2006
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 02:58 PM
The 2nd one for sure! You have to remember that when these casting director people are looking at the headshots they have piles and piles of pictures...or they're looking at a tiny little square on the computer screen, so you want one that pops. And I think the 2nd one pops out more! :)

Both are really great though. You look beautiful!
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12800, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 06:08 PM
I really like the white background, black shirt one too- I think the background makes your face look really glow-y (PS, your skin is gorgeous), your eyes stand out, and the black shirt shows a little more skin without looking overtly sexy (kind of, you know, "I can play the bombshell, too!") Plus, I like that you're smiling with your teeth. You have really nice, straight ones, so I definitely think it's a good idea to show them off.
By CrayolaPremium member Comments: 1548, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 07:10 PM
Edited by Crayola (123552) on 2007-11-02 20:52:03
I really like the black shirt as well. You are really pretty and you have a great smile. :)

The 2nd photo grabs my attention more so than the first one.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11218, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 07:11 PM
I agree with everyone else - black shirt, white background.

You look less washed out in that photo and far more relaxed.

Good luck with your CV!!

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33909, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 07:51 PM
The black shirt.

The one with the white has a very "Ok, your on set? Smile! *click*" feel to it. :(
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8406, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Fri Nov 02, 2007 08:06 PM
Definitely the one with the black shirt. You look happier and more relaxed.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11001, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Mon Mar 17, 2008 03:16 PM
This poll is still active on the photo boards. You might want to lock it...

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed