Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Full Time Training
By lesha_13
On Sat Nov 10, 2007 01:51 PM

Hi there,
I was just wondering if anybody new of any places which taught dance full time but focused on Jazz in NZ? I have heard something about the NZ College of Performing Arts in Porirua but does anybody know any where else?
Thanks
Analesha xx

5 Replies to Full Time Training

re: Full Time Training
By cheer2
On Sat Nov 10, 2007 05:30 PM
You could try SOLE MOVEMENT in AUCKLAND although I think it also Musical Theatre involved but it is a Full Time course
We are also registered IDTA teachers but currently only offer PART TIME training in JAZZ to gain either an International Teachers Qualification or Professional Dancer Qualification in that technique
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:49 AM
Sole Movement? That's my school :) As far as I know, we wont be going full time for a couple more years.

There is Wellington Performing Arts Centre. It concentrates on jazz, and I hear it's really good.

I'm not sure if East Auckland Performing Arts is still running, I haven't heard of it in a couple of years. But it, too, had/has a lot of focus on jazz.

Apollo Theatre School (I think that's what it's called, I know it's Apollo Theatre, I dont know if it's school lol) concentrates more on musical theatre, but there is a big focus on dance. The best thing about Apollo is that they work your timetable to suit your interests and talents, so if you're best at jazz, you could focus on jazz.

You can Google the first two, and they come straight up. So far I haven't had any luck Googling Apollo. But one of my friends is going to Apollo next year, so if you want more information, I can ask her for you :)
By lesha_13
On Sun Nov 18, 2007 03:33 PM
Cool thank you!!
Im really keen to look into the Wellington Performing Arts Centre but could you please find out a little bit more about Apollo? Thanks!
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:04 PM
She's just gone to Australia. Great timing! Hehe.

I do know that the official person to email for information about Apollo is sarah.boocock@xtra.co.nz
By lesha_13
On Tue Nov 20, 2007 02:14 PM
Haha! Thank you so much! you have been a great help!

ReplySendWatch