Forum: Guard / Color Guard

How do you attach a flag to the pole?
By dancer_meggs
On Sat Nov 17, 2007 06:31 AM

I go tthe flag, but I don't know how to attach the flag to the pole, could somebody tell me how?

8 Replies to How do you attach a flag to the pole?

re: How do you attach a flag to the pole?
By ghilliegirl1592member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 17, 2007 07:51 AM
I tape it on with electrical tape.
But I have seen people use velcro so that you can easily change silks.
By Colombian89
On Sat Nov 17, 2007 08:14 AM
Yeah...We use electrical tape. just also make sure the top of the flag is facing the top of the pole. Usually there will be a little small tab on the bottom inside of the flag. Also make sure it isn't twisted around the pole when you tape it.
By danzinchyk416
On Sun Dec 16, 2007 06:46 PM
I use electircal tape also. I dont know about your flags, but ours has like a part that goes down farther and has a more triangular tip on the bottom then the top. so just tape the bottom of the flag with electrical tape. then on the top, if you have weights, tape around them so they dont come lose, then just put it on the pole, then put on the stopper and tape it. put 4 pieces of tape I think across the top. like a plus sign and then do it the other way so it covers the whole top. then just wrap the tape aruond the stopper and make sure your flag is taped well so it doesnt come untaped.
By john_deere_girl
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 06:54 PM
my team uses electrical tape... we have never used velcro because it tears the ends of the flags... i strongly advise against velcro...
By xoitsjennox
On Tue Jan 15, 2008 09:59 AM
its easier just to put velcro on both ends on the inside that way we can change them if needed.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 16, 2008 05:10 AM
Velcro isn't strong enough if you're doing advanced work (like anything from the flag-end). Plus, if you have weights in the pole, the tips need to be taped on anyway. Sometimes, we've gotten flags with the little velcro tabs in them, and we usually just cut them off.
By salatrixx
On Wed Feb 20, 2008 06:42 PM
My guard uses velcro(sew one end onto the silk and superglue one onto the pole) then we use eletrical tape to keep it on. The tape keeps the velcro from annyoing us, althoug it does anyways cause it comes undone and whatnot
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:50 PM
I have had all of my flags taped onto the pole with electrical tape. I did a lot of things that dealt with swinging and tossing from the flags end and it has done great.

ReplySendWatch