Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Summer School/Seminar?
By prettypinkpointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:41 PM

I am sure many people are eager for the upcoming holidays, I am!
But to keep up my dance training, I want to do some summer seminars/schools over the holidays. Can everyone please list any that you know of? Preferably ballet, but any kind of dance would be good!
Thanks!

5 Replies to Summer School/Seminar?

re: Summer School/Seminar?
By VenaCavaPremium member
On Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:12 AM
I know there are ballet ones in Auckland and Wellington, but definitely try to go to Sydney Dance Zone if you can. It's 5 days of a whole lot of dance styles, and it's right before school starts so I think it's going to be a good way to get back into the year
By lesha_13
On Tue Nov 20, 2007 02:13 PM
I agree about Sydney Dance Zone. Its an amazing opportunity and you will definately have a whole lot of fun!
By Merfi
On Wed Nov 28, 2007 04:53 PM
There's the SABA summer seminar in Greenlane, Auckland, it's five days long and is in January. I can't find the brochure right now, but each level has two classes per day- an RAD syllabus class and an open class. It's geared towards RAD major students, but I think that you can do just the open classes if you want.
By Merfi
On Sun Dec 02, 2007 07:53 PM
Okay, I'm back and have found the brochure for the SABA seminar. Yay! My old post is too old to edit though, so I'll add some more here.

The teachers are going to be Valerie Murray and Saori Ishimaru. The dates are Monday 21st January to Friday 26th January. (ie 5 days inclusive).
Each day's timetable-
8.30-10.00 Intermediate syllabus class
10.15-11.15 Inter Foundation and Intermediate open classical
11.15-12.45 Intermediate Foundation syllabus class
12.30-2.00 Advanced Foundation syllabus class (hmm, the class times seem to cross over, but that's probably just a typo on the information sheet)
2.15-3.15 Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1 and Advanced 2 open classical class
3.30-5.00 Advanced 1 syllabus class
5.00-6.30 Advanced 2 syllabus class

If you want any more info, just PM me!
By cheer2
On Mon Dec 03, 2007 03:24 PM
ACADEMY D AUCKLAND summer school, JANUARY 18th 2008
Tap, jazz, ballet, cabaret, cheerleading and hip hop
IDTA International dance teacher and professional dancer training programme launch in Auckland will also be held at this summer school
FOR MORE Info and timetable please PM me!

ReplySendWatch