Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

RAD Exams
By MichelleD
On Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:24 AM

Do any of you do RAD exams? Our school has just got our exam results for the grades and we have had the marks for the vocationals for a little while.

Do you think which examiner you get makes a difference. Like in the grades 3 years ago a 92, last year 61 then this year 85. I think if the examiner smiles at you you might perform better.

Which examiner in the grades did you have this year and did she smile at you? and because she smiled at you did you want to perfrom better?

1 Replies to RAD Exams

re: RAD Exams
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 28, 2007 07:40 PM
I do IDTA and NZAMD, but I definitely think that the examiner makes a difference. Not so much because she does or does not smile at you, but because it's her opinion. I mean, I find it easier to dance well with an encouraging examiner too, but if she has higher expectations for dancers, then she's going to mark harder then someone who doesn't have such high expectations.

That's one of the two most important things to remember when you get your marks back: It's one person's opinion, and any other person out of the bunch of examiners out there could have thought you were better or worse then she did (the other is that it's just one day, and everyone has good days and bad days - it's awesome if you were examined on a good day, it's unfortunate if you were examined on a bad day).

ReplySendWatch