Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

HELP!!! how do u do i think its called an ariel????
By CfcDancePrincess
On Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:09 AM

ok so im a 2nd yr member of my dance team n i wanna do a solo this yr at competition. theres this one move ive seen i think its called an ariel....its where u like run n bounce into a flip where one legs in flippin in the air while the other is below you...your head/torso is like upside down..im sorry its not better explained..PLEASE HELP!!!!!

6 Replies to HELP!!! how do u do i think its called an ariel????

re: HELP!!! how do u do i think its called an ariel????
By RileyA
On Sat Nov 24, 2007 02:23 AM
It is a little hard to tell what you are saying from your description but i'll go with you name for it. An aerial is a skill that flips through the air with no hands. The most common is called a side aerial or an aerial cartwheel which is a cartwheel with no hands. You can also do an aerial round off or the most difficult one an aerial walkover.

Side aerials are not easy to do and will take a lot of time and patience for you to learn. The keys are

1. The skill should not travel you almost want to do it on the spot with your torso staying where it is and you legs flipping over the top of it.

2. When you hop or hurdle into the skill hop upwards instead of forwards and throw your power up.

3. Push off your first leg as hard as you can and try to whip your legs over your head as fast as you can.

One of the best ways to learn it is off a raised surface onto the ground. Like a stack of mats or off a spring board if you have access to one.
By SesameSt79
On Sat Nov 24, 2007 08:28 AM
As an instructor, I'm going to add that ariels aren't a skill you can safely learn on your own. If you are serious about learning one, go to a qualified gymnastics instructor.
By ConUnaSonrisamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:14 PM
Are you maybe talking about an illusion? That's a move where one leg stays on the ground, but the other leg flips up and around, and your head and torso goes down and under.

Just a thought! :) Good luck
By livelovedance8
On Thu Dec 20, 2007 06:32 PM
Edited by livelovedance8 (187005) on 2007-12-20 18:34:54
uhm.

yeah.
its called an illusion.
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 10, 2008 08:35 PM
yea thats an illusion you basically just chaine into it (you font have too but its easier) then plant your foot and try to swing the opposite leg, use your hand to start off with too.

heres a video of it I found on youtube youtube.com . . . they are not perfect but you get the picture

and here at 1:25ish youtube.com . . .
By DanceRevOSPremium member
On Fri Jan 25, 2008 09:56 PM
you do mean an illusion, which is a big baton move, but is now becoming more popular in dance...wedo a fan kick into it...make sure that you have full rotation through the hips

ReplySendWatch