Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Are any of these forums still alive postings aren't to recent.......SO stat check for Active Peps.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Mon Dec 03, 2007 04:48 AM

Pretty much goes without saying:
How long you been breakin?
What crew you're with?
Area you're from?
Nickname if you have one
(i'm just trying to see where this goes, lol).

Me:
Been breakin about 9 years about only 3 years seriously
Solo for the time being
Dallas, Texas
B-boy Vybe

14 Replies to Are any of these forums still alive postings aren't to recent.......SO stat check for Active Peps.

re: Are any of these forums still alive postings aren't to recent.......SO stat check for Active Pe
By ashley123
On Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:53 PM
I have been breaking for almost 2 years.
Not really with a crew, My Boyfriend is cool with street masters, killafornia, and a bunch of other crews.
I'm from Balitmore.
I'm B-Girl Tuff Chic.

My boyfriend....
Breaking forever!
Familar with the same crews and more.
He's from Baltimore and California.
He's B-Boy Spirit!
re: Are any of these forums still alive postings aren't to recent.......SO stat check for Active Pe
By B_boy_Vybe
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 01:29 AM
hopefully some pepz will check out these forums and get some eyes opened. But yeah keep throwin down. Don't really know 2 many crews from cali, but i do know of alot of others. haha like of course Rock Steady.
By ashley123
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 02:18 PM
i know alot of guys from rock steady ken swift is a good friend of my bf's also. we go up to New York sometimes to see them.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 04:57 PM
dats' pretty cool, yeah all the old school cats kinda have that essance about them when they b-boy even when they can't hit all the old moves they used 2.
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:53 PM
Koo...

I'm from Iowa

I've been bboying for roughly 2 and 1/2 years.

I started with nothing and nobody to help me unfortunately... but I worked my way up and I found a studio to support me and I've trained people and now I have a crew called Intermix crew.

Real happy about it too : ) the more people to bboy with, the better the vibe is.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sat Dec 29, 2007 01:51 AM
Heck yeah!
man i HATE breaking by myself, been having so much stuff going on and living in a Suburbs when i started where there was no Dance studio and no body really looked at break dancing worth while, it was pretty discouraging.

Yeah i've trained a few people myself
Big ups though, cause i've only have trained people, life gets hectic and busy and just because you have the will power to stay in doesn't mean others do as well. So have a base of operations is also Hella Important. That's one of my main focuses by the end of this year. Getting a studio. I just heard about this non profit organization and i'm hoping i can work out with something with them.
By Showcasestar
On Thu Jan 10, 2008 07:08 PM
Somewhat active.

About four years, but it's only the last year I've taken it up seriously.
None. Was about to form a b-girl crew in my last city. Then I moved.
Finland originally, now Stockholm, Sweden
Haha, still looking for a nickname. Need one that works as good in Locking as in Breaking.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:40 PM
WOw a girl who Locks and b-boy's
haha dope

well just remember the way you DANCE should be the basis of your name. Kinda how i chose mine.

Well yeah there are ALOT of b-boy's over seas.....so many people, i'm JEALOUS! lol cause the people in the us besides the current b-boys of course, really only look at breakin for it's cool moves and think you're nobody if you don't have them, which is dumb. It's about STYLE and THEN power. Not just power! lol

Put yeah one of my favorite lockers that i've seen with the last year was probably Lock-a-delic (Girl) and P-lock (guy) i think both of them are from france.

Haha i know this dj down here he's a Lock'er 2, he's pretty dope, he doesn't like locking by himself though, aha.
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:27 AM
"just because you have the will power to stay in doesn't mean others do as well"

Very true... unfortunately!

About finding a non-profit organization. THAT is what got my name out, I went through a non-profit organization who owned a large but very nice warehouse type building with a theater, and multiple rooms with the best hardwood floor you could ask for. I starting teaching there and doing workshops. I still thank them till this day and I help a lot with various dance performances and workshops. To get a place to practice, is seriously all about networking!
By Danceingnight
On Sat Jan 19, 2008 05:00 PM
I am new does that count?!?!?!
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sat Jan 19, 2008 05:09 PM
yeah...lol
By tappingangel
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 05:32 AM
Edited by tappingangel (63958) on 2008-02-24 05:38:55 Misspelling...oops!!!!
Ahh where to begin....Here's the basics:

How long you been breakin?

Been street dancing (tap and all styles of hip-hop..b-boy, lock, pop, house, krump (yup...white girl that can do this stuff =O lol) tick, wave, etc.) since seven. I'm 19 now..that makes it...twelve years. I've done what's labeled as "routine hip-hop"..where you learn a choreographed piece and perform it and such, as well, for the same amount of time. Took some required dance classes that involved learning hip-hop (all styles) as well, but by hip-hop heads that taught anti-mainstream hip-hop. I also emcee, dj, and graff as well.

What crew you're with?

I was with Footklan (Phoenix, AZ) for about a year. I moved to Ventura, CA last October, and haven't found any crews here, or b-boys, or anyone except mainstream hip-hop dancers (no offense, but I HATE mainstream with a passion). Still lookin around..any info is MUCH appreciated, haha.

Area you're from?
Right now, Ventura, CA. Originally, Atlanta, GA.

Nickname if you have one?
Baby Rok. Baby, because I was the baby of the crew, and Rok, because of the way I came at people when battling apparently, using alot of rocking in my freestyles and stuff. Also, because of the sig move I used, called a "baby rock", or a baby freeze. I'm known mostly as Rok now that I'm older.

Haven't sen a whole lot of action on this board lately.

*helps to Kick*
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:45 AM
YO, haha you sound like you get down girl. Haha FootKlan, i used to break with and chill with them alot in Atl when i was up there 4rm like late {05) 2 mid{06). There are a couple of different footklans i think.

I know this board is kinda whack. I'm SURe there are alot of peeps out in CA, you probably just don't know about any of them. Whenever you move to an area you always gonna SURF the net hard core like, myspace and yahoo stuff.

here are some links to some pages i found. There's this dude named Cros1, out of Cali. I don't remember how i came up on his page, but oh well.

www.myspace.com . . .

here's another:
profile.myspace.com . . .

here's another:
www.armoryhiphop.com

THIS one will really help if you do your homework on it. You gotta look around:

freestylesessionboard.yuku.com
By tappingangel
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 06:54 PM
Thanks so much for the heads up!!!

FootKlan in ATL is tight..I knew a couple of their members for awhile.

Phoenix's FootKlan is great too. I do miss chilling with them, but they did seem to get selective right after I left, and I've yet to see any new members in awhile.

myspace.com/babyrok007 (my regular page...it's an in-process thing right now, there's not much hip-hop involved yet)

my dance pro is myspace.com/miss_rok007. im not on this one much anymore.

add me if yall'd like to.

ReplySendWatch