Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Origin of B-boy'in......
By B_boy_Vybe
On Mon Dec 03, 2007 04:52 AM

There's a movie called "The Freshest Kids"
If you can't get your hands on it, i can refer you some where. Although i don't want to sound like i'm advertising, haha. So i guess pm me for the site or something.

It goes through the history of breaking and essence of what b-boy'in really potrays. It's from the 90's i think, but the footage will make you appreciate it if you've been doing it for a while. Some people....it will go over your head, lol.

5 Replies to Origin of B-boy'in......

re: Origin of B-boy'in......
By ashley123
On Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:56 PM
i have that movie/doc. its informational and its great for anyone who is true to breaking and wants to learn more about where it came from and not just that hip hop and alot of other stuff.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 01:30 AM
indeed, haha so many kids don't even dance anymore. Then again you can't blame alot of them, if they scene around you isn't big and all you see in the beginning is "cool" moves that's all that you're gonna think there is until someone tells you different.
By Showcasestar
On Thu Jan 10, 2008 07:03 PM
"not just that hiphop"
Hey, hiphop (the dance style) has quite an interesting history as well..
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:44 PM
i agree Hip hop has had a real development process.

I know some coreographers who take it up and REALLY creative when styling to music and are really ON CUE and beat, cause they have to be in order to flow with the songs they create.
By stallyon
On Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:30 PM
Yo! Ken Swift got down in the battles part of the Freshest Kids!
But most definitely it portrayed what Hip-hop is! They said it themselves in the movie, the Bboys is what really set the whole Hip-Hop movement off!

ReplySendWatch