Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

New Worst injury breaking>?
By B_boy_Vybe
On Mon Dec 03, 2007 05:12 AM

What was the worst injury you've had from breaking.
I've hurt myself.....ALOT, lol. Ecspecially since it didn't at all come naturally.

BUt......

SOme of mine would be.....:
Minor: When i was learning how to spin on my 90's and finally got it. I was practicing in my living room and came down on my face and spun for half a rotation. I had a scab on my nose 2 days later, lol.

Semi-major:
When i was living in GA last year in 2006. I went to a competition out of town (don't remember where). I was learning out to do air tracks in this gym with this rubber kind of floor. I went for it, but forgot to catch myself after the swing and landed on my head...lol i was ok, but people that i died, haha.

Major: When i was in Atlanta at a competition and was cypher'in. I was doing a head spin on this slick kinda concrete floor. When i brought my legs down i hit my foo on the floor and dislocated my toe. Waited in the hospital for 7 hours, missed the final battles, then still have that 400 dollar bill to pay, lol.

Well that's my lil tale, anyone else?

7 Replies to New Worst injury breaking>?

re: New Worst injury breaking>?
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:58 PM
Thats what we call breakin foo!

I on the other hand have been quite a fortunate bboy and have not had any serious injures.

The worst injuries/pains that I have had is sharp pain on my right wrist for 2 months and left wrist at a different time for 2 months. It was well worth it, I can do turtles like mad crazy : )
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sat Dec 29, 2007 01:45 AM
lol yeah i should start working on turtles myself, power needs some room to be practiced and TIME
aha new years resolution...FOCUS, fuk it, i gotta do it before i lose my flexibility
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 AM
aha yeah just make sure to stretch AFTER each session/practice or if you ate an hour before practicing, go ahead and stretch before till an hour is up.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Tue Jan 15, 2008 01:46 AM
yea stretching helps alot but it's SUPER tideous by yourself, aha
if only i could find a girl friend who does.... Yoga
By tappingangel
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 07:11 PM
Lmao.

Sprained a wrist working on windmills. Other than that, all of my injuries have come from....walking. Pointe. House dancing (sprained an ankle during a combo I shouldn't have put together. Lmao.)

*Sigh*...I have noone to stretch with either. That's okay though...I have a male cat who lays and rolls around while I'm stretching. Lmao!!!!!
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 07:48 PM
haha yeah i've hurt myself doing normal activies 2. like i have cuts on my hand from washing dishes earlier ( i was deep cleaning the stove)
By tappingangel
On Mon Feb 25, 2008 01:26 AM
Lmao. Seems that getting hurt always comes around when doing normal stuff, I agree.

I've had plenty of skin tears from Capoeira, if that helps..lmao.

ReplySendWatch