Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - General

Jazz - General
Once you've asked for advice.... (karma: 1)
By danzadancer2285 Comments: 1030, member since Wed Jul 11, 2007
On Tue Dec 11, 2007 04:08 PM
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2008-01-02 22:04:58

If you have posted asking for advice (nomatter if it is on costumes, technique or anything), please watch that post! I've seen some people give GREAT advice and then the author of the post never replies or anything. How do you know if the used your advice none the less look at it? Somebody has taken their time to write that incredible advice and they don't even know if you care or not. I'm not saying that you have to write out a thank you or give out karma, but atleast reply letting them know if their advice helped or ask questions if you still need help.

I just think that people need more appreciation than they are getting. They took their OWN time out of their BUSY day (when they could be doing other things) just to help YOU!

Just think about it... Would you like it if you wrote out a detailed explaination of how to improve a stretch or you just listed 100 beautiful costumes that look exactly like what the person was looking for and you don't even get a thanks?! I definatly would NOT like it!

Please be more considerate and appreciative.

8 Replies to Once you've asked for advice....

re: Once you've asked for advice....
By happy10 Comments: 247, member since Thu Aug 16, 2007
On Tue Dec 11, 2007 05:50 PM
I agree and thanks for posting!!!
By danceract Comments: 26, member since Sun Nov 18, 2007
On Tue Apr 22, 2008 06:16 PM
Well said.
And it makes me more optimistic that my questions will be answered eventually.
Isn't it strange how sometimes we train ourselves not to ask questions in the first place?
By dancncadie Comments: 78, member since Thu Apr 24, 2008
On Fri Apr 25, 2008 09:22 AM
That is a great idea. Very well put.
Thanks!!!!!
By vballmonkey433 Comments: 85, member since Sat Apr 28, 2007
On Thu Jun 12, 2008 06:31 PM
You're 100% right.
By punkgirl59 Comments: 4805, member since Wed Feb 13, 2002
On Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:35 PM
That is so true. I always spend a good deal of time writing out tips for auditions, steps for certain moves, whatever, and I rarely even hear a thanks. It makes me assume that they just don't even come back to the post, and it makes me think twice about taking an hour out of day to help next time someone needs something.

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Mon Jun 23, 2008 01:01 PM
Edited by behappy_dance (196059) on 2008-06-23 13:09:09
Edited by behappy_dance (196059) on 2008-06-23 13:12:50
I agree. I've written many [what I think to be] helpful replies and on most of them I don't even know if they've looked at it. Thanks for writing this! Also even if they didn't use my advice I still like to know what they decide on or what happens (costumes, songs, auditions, etc.)
And to add to your post:
Incarnadine's Post, "Just a Little Somethin I Noticed" wrote:

"It’s really annoying when people ask for advice and then throw a fit when they didn’t like the answers they got. Even worse is when they are given perfectly sensible advice from lots of different people, but because they didn’t like it they have their last word and then lock the thread. To me this is the DDN equivalent of stomping your foot and saying, You guys are mean, I’m taking my doll and I’m going HOME!”
www.dance.net . . .
By dancelover269 Comments: 132, member since Wed Nov 04, 2009
On Fri Mar 05, 2010 06:56 AM
I completely agree I reply to peoples posts all the time and then they never reply back it can get very frustrating!!! :)
By dancer7210 Comments: 283, member since Tue Aug 28, 2012
On Sun Nov 18, 2012 08:42 PM
Thank you! Many times have I replied with help and got no reply, karma( not that I was looking for it, but it is another way to know they looked at it), or thank you! I have thought twice about helping those members again sometimes! Karma for you, well tommrow when I hae karma to give.

ReplySendWatch