Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Hey everyone
By ashley123
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:05 AM

I havent been on this site in a while, because i havent been able to break for a while. I Have a baby girl due in january. I havent been able to dance for about 5 months. I hate it! i cant wait to start breaking again! I am so hungry for it. so if i cant do it why not talk about it? how is everyone doing with their breaking?

13 Replies to Hey everyone

re: Hey everyone
By B_boy_Vybe
On Wed Dec 12, 2007 01:40 AM
things are ok on my side. I got out wit some dancer's i know, but the scene in Dallas is pretty dead. I mean the only battles you hear about are like one's who pepz put some good enough dought to rent a place out to hold one. There are no weekly cypher spots, nothing. Everything is so scarce down here. Kinda get in where you fit in and when you do you gotta keep it to a minimum. lol. I was at this club/bar thing tonite. Of course they aren't spinning real hip-hop, more like house,booty and top 40 rap stuff. We just go cause there's some room to dance......and girls, lol. But yeah so they've gotten on us SO much because of the manager telling us our HANDs can't touch the ground. ONly dancing up right. haha super whack we are about to quit that spot real soon when we find another one.

Well yeah as far as a core basis though. I've been working on just getting more steps down on the dancing side, as well as working on my power, freezes and inverts. I'm trying to get a studio in the works soon.... a work in progress though.

-Vybe
By Showcasestar
On Thu Jan 10, 2008 06:57 PM
Well, thanks for asking :)
Myself I'm breaking at least twice a week, since it's on my school schedule, but every time I hear a good break beat on my iPod I simply can't force my feet to stand still. So, yes, there is a lot of top rock practise going on for me. I was very close this evening to breaking it down in a small top rock solo at the underground station. Haha!
However, still practising windmills and other spin movements and trying to get a better flow on the floor. That's about it for now.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:48 PM
haha dope, keep it alive, cause if you don't nobody will.
Doesn't matter the time or place, don't be afraid to break it down......unless you're at work....haha
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:34 AM
I've been going hard at it lately.

I session at least 4x a week for bboying and one general hip hop class. I session from 9:30 p.m. till 1:30 a.m.

On top of that I have go to my college recreational center to work out, lift, run, etc... and on top of that I have wushu.

I'm trying to remain in absolute tip top shape because I'll be competing and performing in just about everything!
By B_boy_Vybe
On Tue Jan 15, 2008 01:45 AM
Dayum Keitsu wish i had the time and money for that, but can't right now gotta worry about putting food in my mouth and actually trying to hopefully get this community practice spot, cause i pretty much have no where, where i live at now.
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 16, 2008 01:47 AM
Yeah I'm pretty fortunate with my dance situation right now. Doesn't cost me anything except gas when I drive to it. The place I work out as well is for free on my campus so yeah : )

Sometimes I worry about getting enough food too.
By tappingangel
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 07:03 PM
B_boy_Vybe wrote:

Doesn't matter the time or place, don't be afraid to break it down......unless you're at work....haha

Pffffft. I've gotten down at work.

Imagine carrying a tray of food, but as you load it, you're sittin there practicing your latest house combo, or uprocks.

Lmao.

My breakin...well it's been put off lately. After moving here to Ventura, CA and leaving my Phoenix scene (and reputation), it hasn't been top priority here. Been hard to afford ANYTHING, let alone a class or two. Finally found a great Capoeira class (2 hr classes twice a week, 20 a month...YAY!!!)

Done a bit of keeping up at home tho. Can't help but turn on my breakbeats and house music and go at it for awhile every day. Haha.
By B_boy_Vybe
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 07:50 PM
yeah it's hard to stay away from dancing...ecspecially when there's an open floor and some decent musik, lol
By ashley123
On Mon Mar 03, 2008 06:25 PM
i had my baby and in coming up on 6weeks (when they tell you, you can do stuff again) but i've already been practicing! i have a bonnie and clyde comp. april 5th in VA. it sucks my strength is gone so i have like a month to get everything back...the thing is called circles 9. any1 hear?
By B_boy_Vybe
On Mon Mar 03, 2008 07:55 PM
dayum girl take it easy there will be other competitions, haha you're dedicated, lol
Bonnie and Clyde battle
By SkiiyHiy
On Thu Apr 10, 2008 09:52 AM
Hey my friends Jet Liem and Supreme won the Bonnie and Clyde battle in VA. I didn't get to go but I heard it was alright.
By ashley123
On Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:31 AM
I didnt go either I had to work...I work for a talent co. dancing so I figured gurenteed money was better then trying to win it...plus I did just have a baby so when I battle I wanna be in the best shape even though im in pretty good shape right now
By Bboy_Dan
On Thu May 08, 2008 04:55 AM
heya ash aww my baby is due in october cnt wait haha well hope you are good and gettin bak into breakin and have just started it 3 weks ago and i love it haha but i needone on one training as i learn better like that lol where you from thn ??

if you got msn add me n hpe we can cht bwt it on there lol

msn: daniel2639@hotmail.com

ReplySendWatch