Forum: Arts / Books

Page:
Page 85 of 89: 1 2 3 4 5 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
re: BITTEN - The Twilight Series Fan Club...Post ALL Twilight related things here!
By dancingrl247
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 PM
^^ she's playing joan jett and if you look up old pictures of her, kstew looks pretty close. but still fugly lol.

so not that there's anything really wrong with the book cover, it looks pretty good, i'm just such a purist and don't believe they should be making book covers with stuff from the movies. they are different things! you don't see harry potter covers with movies posters on them! for me, it should be the apple, the flower, the ribbon, and the chess piece. that's it.

plus, looking at the cover again, if you had never read the book before it's kind if spoilery. i mean before we all read new moon i bet no one would have guessed edward would leave and jacob would play such a big role in the story. /end rant
re: BITTEN - The Twilight Series Fan Club...Post ALL Twilight related things here!
By AllemandePremium member
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:54 PM
Ooh, I wish I found this earlier!

I'm a huge Twilight saga fan. I live near Vancouver, where New Moon was shot, and I had some fun times hanging out at the sets and I actually got to see Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. I can't wait until they come back to film Eclipse!
By ActingBunheadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 PM
I kind of agree with dancingrl. I mean, the book cover is actually REALLY cool, and I secretly love it, but I much prefer the original flower. When I think New Moon, that's what I think of. I don't think it should be changed. I would never want the new ones. I'll keep my apple, flower, ribbon, and chess piece. Stick to the originals. :D (Unless, of course, you happen to buy both the new and old...that is totally okay, and I fully support it! :P)
By dancer_all_daymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 26, 2009 01:30 PM
Oooh it looks cool! I have the last 3 with the original covers. I bought the first one with the movie picture on it cause I thought it looked nice, but now I really want to get the original. As cool as it looks, it's not the actual "origianl" cover.

Like I mentioned way back in the thread, I don't like Kristen for the fact that she doesn't make each role that she plays in each individual movie different. In every movie I see her in, she acts the same. She doesn't form to the character and bring out what the character is about. She's just the same in every role. Which is why I kind of don't like her that much. :-/
At first I was just so excited to see the movie that I didn't think much of it, but now that I've seen some of her other films, it's disappointing! Now I wonder how the movie would have been if they would have chosen someone that knows how to portray characters better.

BUT, I'm still SO excited to see the second movie. 5 more months! Ughh, wow it's gonna take forever! lol :P
By irishdaydreamermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 28, 2009 03:03 PM
Guess who I saw just last night??? Our own Estar! :D She came and spent the night at my house, and we made Twilight pants, and watched Twilight, and made fun of it the entire time. Then we talked about how much fun it is to make fun of it, even though we both adore the movie, and would defend it to the death. Weird huh? Anyway, I got a bunch of pictures, and after I get home from the movie tonight, I'm going to upload them!

I feel so cool now that I've had a ddn meet-up :P
By GypsieFreemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 28, 2009 03:06 PM
awe i want a DDN meet up.
also, i LOVE twilight, but making fun of it IS a total blast (only when making fun of it with fellow twi-lovers though)
By dancingrl247
On Sun Jun 28, 2009 08:20 PM
My friends and I find the movie ridiculous, so last time we watched it we decided to have some fun. I present, The Twilight Drinking Game! (please note, we obviously did not do all of these or we would have been in the hospital getting our stomachs pumped, but its still hilarious, esp the end)

The Twilight Drinking Game

Because to get through that movie, you’re gonna need to be sloshed.

Take a sip when…

-Bella flips her hair
-Edward once again claims that he is dangerous
-Edward tells Bella to stay away from him, then stalks her anyway
-Bella bitches and whines about something for no reason
-Something happens in slow-motion with soft piano music
-Stephenie Meyer’s attempt at emotional writing turns into sappy ridiculous dialogue that would make any rational person LOL
-Some poor pathetic teenage girl sets herself up for disappointment

Take a drink when…

-Edward saves Bella from something
-Bella’s behavior is weak and antifeminist
-The filmmakers try to use special effects and snappy editing to disguise that there is no plot to speak of
-Edward acts like a controlling, possessive butt nugget
-Bella ALLOWS Edward to act like a controlling, possessive butt nugget because she’s a pathetic dumbass who lets Edward do whatever he wants and treat her like a child because, gosh, he’s so beautiful and Adonis-like teehee!
-Somebody hits on Bella because she’s OMG SO PRETTY WTF HAPPYRAINBOWS
-Bella stares at Edward longingly although she doesn’t know him and he has shown her nothing but disgust and contempt
-Edward does something that we are supposed to think is ‘sweet’ or ‘romantic’ but is actually stupid as hell
-Jacob struggles in vain to get Bella’s (or the audience’s) attention

Take two drinks when…

-Bram Stoker spins in his grave
-Alice gives a makeover or has a vision, because she exists only to be useful to the male characters
-Rosalie gets a flattering closeup or nice lighting, because she exists only to be beautiful, and therefore useful to the male characters
-Esme acts like the archetypal mother figure on her way to fetch Carlisle a beer and his slippers
-Carlisle acts like the archetypal father figure on his way to act like the stereotypical hot doctor
-Angry feminists throw flaming garbage at the screen
-Angry writers throw flaming garbage at the screen
-Angry vampire fans throw flaming garbage at the screen
-Something that should NEVER EVER EVER sparkle does so

Chug your drink when…

-Robert Pattinson’s concentration slips to momentarily reveal the shame and self-loathing he is feeling.

Throw your drink up in the air and dance for joy in the unlikely event that…

-The Cullens act like REAL vampires and rip all of the humans limb from limb.
-Edward goes out in the sunlight thinking he will sparkle and instead burns to a greasy black crisp. Slowly and painfully.
-Bella sprouts and brain AND a spine.
-You unlock the secret to time-travel and use the technology to go back and push Stephenie Meyer in front of a bus before she ever has the chance to write this drivel.
On Sun Jun 28, 2009 08:36 PM
Edited by irishdaydreamer (182413) on 2009-06-28 20:38:14
Pictures! :D

Image hotlink - 'http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/irishdaydreamer/028.jpg'
Estar, her friend, and her mamma.

Makin' the pants...
Image hotlink - 'http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/irishdaydreamer/030.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/irishdaydreamer/036.jpg'
Finished Pants!

Image hotlink - 'http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/irishdaydreamer/032.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/irishdaydreamer/033.jpg'
Blueberry muffins!

Image hotlink - 'http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/irishdaydreamer/024.jpg'
Us swimming in the pool

Image hotlink - 'http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/irishdaydreamer/031.jpg'
My terribly exciting living room
By EStarmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:39 PM
YAAAY pictures! And your living room was TERRIBLY exciting. Almost as exciting as Kristen Stewart's whiney face.
And the pants rock. You should make and sell them to all the twi-hard ddners. :D

Oh my. That New Moon cover is delicious. I might just buy it... but yes, I agree, the original covers are always the best, not the movie versions... (I say as I stare longingly at the cover) :P

Why is November so far away?
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 AM
I love the pictures!!

And daningrl247, ahaha, I think we'd all be really drunk following that game. Although it'd be a lot of fun :P
On Tue Jun 30, 2009 08:13 PM
^ Yeah, we'd all be extremely wasted by the end of that game :P

I now present to you....

THE SINGLE LADIES DANCE!
Rob Defranco held up his end of the bet, and did the single ladies dance in a bikini!

www.youtube.com . . .

XD
By GypsieFreemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:08 PM
Edited by GypsieFree (152616) on 2009-07-01 12:08:38
oh. my. gosh.
BAHAHAHAHAHAA.
that video made my day. im so glad peter won, i was waiting to see that

on a different note. yummi ratty rob pics
and screw perez, i love his bad posture!
By DeeDeesPremium member
On Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 AM
Twilight song Eyes on Fire on SYTYCD

twilightersanonymous.com . . .
By pointeprincess5member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 02, 2009 09:18 PM
if anyone has not gotten the twilight magazine thing from the Editors of Us, i highly recommend you do. (the first pic is the cover of it. it says "the sexy stars of twilight"). there are pics of all the stars (140 of them! *drool*), interviews from the cast, and secrets from the set of new moon. plus, there were 7 posters inside. most were of edward (only one of jacob!!!! boo haha can you tell i'm team jacob?) so for the enjoyment of fellow twilighters, i give you the seven posters to drool over (except for jacob. he's mine. lol)

the first poster says "Hollywood's Hottest Duo"
i think the second one is funny. rob is trying way too hard to look seducing. lol
the third poster says "Red Carpet Romeo"
fourth says "One Sexy Vampire"
fifth says "Creature of the Night"
sixth is gorgeous. =]
seventh is (in order) james, edward, jacob, bella, victoria.

i think i may have repeated one and i'm sorry if i did.
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jul 02, 2009 09:26 PM
pretty pictures! Thanks for sharing!
On Thu Jul 02, 2009 09:33 PM
i promise i'm not star farming, but my computer won't let me hotlink these for some reason and i have so many pics i want to share!!!! i'm sure you've seen these, but here is the updated cast list for new moon.

1. dakota fanning as jane
2. charlie bewley ad demetri
3. noot seear as heidi
4. michael sheen as aro
5. jamie campbell bower as caius
6. cameron bright as alec
7. graham greene as harry clearwater
8. tinsel korey as emily
9. part of the werewolf pack (alex meraz as paul, chaske spencer as sam, and kiowa gordon as embry) [not pictured: bronson pelletier as jared, tyson houseman as quil]
10. i don't think rob is that attractive, however, this picture is HOT!

more below.......
On Thu Jul 02, 2009 09:48 PM
sorry this is my last post (for now lol)

1. pic of rob when he was little. the mag said he had no intention of becoming an actor when he was growing up. he wanted to be a writer.
2. bella
3. jacob
4. jacob before (on the right) and after (on the left) gaining 30 lbs of muscle for new moon *drools*
the next 3 are pics from the set of new moon. (the first one if you look at the bottom to all the people dressed in red, they are standing in front of the clock tower)
8. the cast
9. james and a fan (i thought this was a HOT pic of him)

here's some fun stuff as said by the stars about twilight.

rob- "there were some girls the other day who had scratched scabs into the side of their necks, so it was freshly bleeding when they came up for a signature. they were like 'we did this for you.' i didn't know what to say."

cam (james)- "when rob is biting me, they wanted it to look meaty so they used chicken and honey on our bodies, then we ran out of chicken so they stuck swiss cheese on my neck. trust me, after a day under the lights, neither of us needed garlic to stay away from eachother."

kellan- "they made us put on sunscreen when we go out to keep our skin pale."

peter (carlisle)- "i was in hawaii floating on this deck, lying in the sun, and i had my 2 year old daughter napping on my shoulder. some girl swam out there and asked 'are you dr. carlisle?' it was really funny!"
On Thu Jul 02, 2009 09:49 PM
Edited by pointeprincess5 (180727) on 2009-07-02 21:50:04 whoops double post
DOUBLE POST
On Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:22 AM
Oh goshh!!! Those pics are AMAZING!!!! Ahh Rob is so hot. And Taylor is too!(I can't pic a side. Both are freakin gorgeous!!! Same with the story characters; I can't choose a side :P lol).

I especially LOVE the pic of Rob laying down with his undershirt, and i agree that pic of Cam is hot!! Oh and rob was adorable when he was little! he was so blond!! Awwwww!! lol

And the cast for New Moon is nice. I can't believe how big Dakota Fanning got!
By dancingrl247
On Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:54 PM
where did you get this?? my friend is in love with rob and she would love those posters!

the quote about those girls and their scabs...i'm with rob, i don't even know what to say...ew
On Sat Jul 04, 2009 08:36 AM
Here's some footage of Rob in NY. Last I heard he was in Central Park, either yesturday or on the second. I gave up trying to see him, cause I could NEVER find out where he's going to be, until the day after and it's too late ! :P.

If I would've known he was in Central Park yesturday or Thurs., I would have gone, but I didn't find out until today! Bahhhh.

x17video.com . . .
On Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:01 AM
i got it at barnes and noble.

just for fun, here is a twilight quiz they included in the mag. answers below.

1. What year was Stephanie Meyer's first installment in the Twilight series published?
a. 2000
b. 2003
c. 2005
d. 2007

2. What was Twilight's original title?
a. Forks
b. Blood
c. Dusk
d. Nightfall

3. Rob admits to having his first kiss at what age?
a. 10
b. 12
c. 14
d. 16

4. As Ashley Greene (Alice) filmed Twilight's baseball scene, she inadvertently,
a. fell on top of Pattinson when rounding third base
b. split her pants
c. hit a cameraman with a baseball
d. failed to hit a single ball during two dozen takes

5. Pattinson's two older sisters used to tease him by doing what?
a. kissing him in front of his friends
b. placing his hand in warm water while he slept causing him to wet the bed
c. dressing him up as a girl and introducing him to neighbors as "Claudia"
d. taping "Kick Me" signs on his back before school

6. Pattinson loved classic American films as a kid. Which actor is his idol?
a. Jack Nicholson
b. Clint Eastwood
c. Paul Newman
d. James Dean

7. Which star did Meyer envision at first as portraying Edward?
a. Chace Crawford
b. Henry Cavill
c. Tom Welling
d. Zac Efron

8. Which of the following zany fan encounters has not happened?
a. a woman asked Nikki Reed to hold her baby, then disappeared for almost 30 minutes
b. a group of 15 year old girls pushed over two of Kristen Stewart's body guards to get closer to her
c. a fan sent Pattinson a vial of her blood to wear around his neck
d. two fans found Kellan Lutz's hotel room and knocked on the door just as he got out of the shower

9. What keepsake prop did Kristen Stewart purchase for herself after Twilight filming wrapped?
a. Bella's prom dress
b. Charlie's blue pickup truck
c. the Cullen family piano
d. the book of Quileute Native American legends

10. Pattinson owns every album by which artist?
a. Van morrison
b. Bob Dylan
c. Bruce Springsteen
d. David Bowie

11. Bella has not desire for college. But Stewart initially hoped to got to which university?
a. Harvard
b. Columbia
c. Princeton
d. Yale

12. Until it was leaked online, Meyer planned a novel retelling Twilight from Edward's point of view. Its title?
a. Setting Sun
b. Crescent Moon
c. Shooting Star
d. Midnight Sun

13. Pattinson claims to hate his name. What moniker did her suggest to replace it?
a. Foxy Moxie
b. Spunk Ransom
c. Bobby Patterson
d. Brit Bubbly

14. Nestled between the Olympic mountains and the Pacific Ocean, Forks, Washington, boasts a population of approximately how many?
a. 300
b. 3000
c. 30000
d. 300000

Answers.
1. C
2. A
3. B
4. C
5. C
6. A
7. B
8. C
9. B
10. A
11. D
12. D
13. B
14. B

As a side note, reread question 12. it's all in past tense. does this mean meyer doesn't plan on writing the next book? say it isn't so!!!!!!!
By EchoDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jul 04, 2009 05:26 PM
I would so try to stalk him in central park today but I'm broke & can't afford a taxi. Waaa!!! ;(

So I think I'm so excited for the new movie that I'm going to flip out if November doesn't come quicker. But hey.. we're already in July!
On Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:49 PM
^^^After trying to find as much info as I possibly could about Midnight Sun, I came to the conclusion that I don't think she's gonna continue it. She wrote about it on her site. She pretty much said that she was really disappointed, and that she doesn't want to continue it until she feels she's ready to go back to it. She also said she doesn't think she will be working on it anytime soon.

If you want to read her position on Midnight Sun look on her site.
On Sun Jul 05, 2009 02:20 PM
Ooooh, I just saw the SYTYCD video of Kayla & Kupono dancing to Eyes on Fire. That was AMAZING!!
Page:
Page 85 of 89: 1 2 3 4 5 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

ReplySendWatch