Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4
re: How to Style Curly Hair: A Picture Tutorial
By Ruthmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2564, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 04:52 PM
Hi,

I *wish* *wish* *wish* that I had your hair!!

Mine is ringlety at the front, wavy at the sides and frizzy at the back!!

*waves karma wand*

Thank-You!!

Ruth :)
By cutejenni14 Comments: 67, member since Wed Dec 05, 2007
On Tue Jan 01, 2008 03:37 AM
this is a great post even though i don't have curly hair but for those who have this is going to be very helpful
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:46 AM
Great post! You deserve all the karma you are getting. :)

One thing that I do to help my curls is often I will put coconut oil on my hair before I go to bed. The oil is solid in the jar and so I'll scoop some into my hand and warm it up to make it a liquid again and run it throughout the hair. It smells great and then you have deep conditioning going on during the night. In the morning my hair is super soft and and not oily like you might think - it gets all absorbed into the hair. It really cuts down on frizz and encourages the "piece-y" thing you talk about.

Yea for curly hair! :)
By westernballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3740, member since Sat Oct 08, 2005
On Tue Jan 01, 2008 07:43 PM
Oh pretty curls! You remind me of Kira from the show Reba.
By butterflydancer1 Comments: 189, member since Fri Nov 18, 2005
On Wed Jan 02, 2008 09:50 AM
This is an amazing post. I have naturally thick and curly hair and although I don't follow the exact same procedure, it's pretty close. I find that if you do actually need to brush your hair after step two (like to get rid of the nasty knots that I always manage to get) but before blowdrying, that it's best to use an afro pick or a very wide tooth comb. Actually, I would recomend using a wide comb or pick even in the shower. Brushes can stress your curls beyond belief and can resulf in major friz.
By Jess_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1403, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:00 AM
Question...

When you go to bed after step 2 , how do you wear your hair? Do you just wear it loose?

I've recently been using the same method over christmas , & because I have plenty of time in a morning when I'm not at school, I have time to blow dry it or let it air dry. Although I'm wanting to start wearing it curly when I'm back at school , I wash my har at night since I don't have time to shower in the morning, but usually It ends up looking awful in the morning.

Great Post By The Way!!
By Lunamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2590, member since Fri Dec 21, 2001
On Thu Jan 03, 2008 02:49 PM
Wow that was great!
It's funny that I do the exact same thing except I just let my hair air dry and it comes out fine. I normally just wash my hair in the morning and let it dry throughout the day but if I wash it at night I just wear a hairnet while I sleep so my curls aren't frizzy in the morning.
You have beautiful hair btw.
By AmyJoJomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Thu Jan 03, 2008 04:38 PM
Jessie- when I sleep on my hair, I normally wear it down the next day. I hardly ever do anything else with my hair, except if I decide to pull half of it back with a barrette.

Thanks for all the compliments!

-Amy-Jo
By balletsfriendmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5772, member since Thu Aug 30, 2001
On Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:22 AM
Jessie- When I go to bed with wet hair, I just wear it down. I tend to sleep on my side, so when I get in bed, I kinda position my hair to just one side so I'm not laying all over it. It looks pretty decent in the morning. I have to wet part of it a little bit, but it's not bad at all!
By lottiekinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 701, member since Sun Jun 03, 2007
On Fri Jan 04, 2008 03:09 PM
KARMA! so useful!
Plus I love you hair!
xxx
By Jess_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1403, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Fri Jan 04, 2008 03:59 PM
Well I've had my hair curly today & probably won't have time to wash it in the morning as I won't get up while 11 at least , then I have to go fireplace hunting with my parents (joy! why must we break up from dancing for the holidays?) So I'm gonna try sleeping on it & see if its workable in the morning!

& I'm back at school monday so will try & sleep on it wet , see what thsat turns out like!
By sugarfairy_member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1529, member since Sat Feb 09, 2008
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 07:54 AM
that's amazing! I have curly hair, but I used to have it short so it was really curly, when it's longer the curls become waves because of their own weight. now for ballet I want to grow it a litte longer and hope I can keep it still curly ó.ò
By Dancers_dreams Comments: 62, member since Thu Jan 10, 2008
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:21 AM
I have curls as well... but they are definatelly not as beautiful as yours :| woow... your hair looks great! I am goin to try your method... hope it works out well!
By angieballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1548, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:30 PM
hot child in the city!!! great post!

Comment #6865950 deleted
Removed by Lirit (28370) on 2008-02-14 06:35:54 double post

By EStarmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2747, member since Wed Aug 16, 2006
On Wed Feb 13, 2008 09:50 PM
YAAAAY, STICKY!!! ;)

Your pictures make me wish I had curly hair..... or at least wish that I was as gorgeous as you.... ;)
By ROSALIE Comments: 32, member since Mon Jan 07, 2008
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 04:34 PM
I LOVE YOUR HAIR! mine's really curly, my friends call it the afro, but i straighten it most of the time because it became a hassle. can't wait to try your method!!!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!!
By chicatubachickmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 157, member since Fri Jan 11, 2008
On Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:07 PM
Yay, it's a sticky, it's a sticky!!!

This post is a wonderful gift to all us curly haired people of the world. :D

Happy dance, happy dance!
By Jadamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1491, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 AM
Amy-Jo! Great post! Even though I dont have curly hair, my friend from dance has hair exactly like yours and she always has a terrible time doing it! I think I might tell her to check this out because she always complains how frizzy it is!

Congrats on your sticky and karma coming you way!
By Laura__xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 274, member since Sun Jul 01, 2007
On Fri Feb 29, 2008 02:28 PM
Edited by Laura__x (181936) on 2008-02-29 14:31:07
Wow your stunning! And so is your hair =]
Great post! So useful, definately deserving of a sticky and karma :D
Hmm my problem..
My hairs kinda curly, kinda fluffy. LIke I can scruch my hair but I don't blow dry it, I've lost my diffuser but it drys way fluffier. I dont put any prodcuts on it should I invest in some of the Garnier Fructis stuff and a new diffuser? Or is my hair just annoying and fluffy!
Advice please oh knowlegable curly haired one :P
love Laura__x
By AmyJoJomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:15 PM
Edited by dancingjojo17 (81943) on 2008-03-01 23:17:05
Thanks Laura! :)

To answer your second question, yes. Your hair IS fluffy and annoying... but you can fix that! The best way to prevent it from being fluffy is to make sure to NEVER brush it or finger comb it unless you're IN the shower. That ensures piece-y-ness like I described. To answer your first question, it would probably help to get some sort of product in it. You could try using some leave in conditioner (I like the Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness kind), or your could try a curl cream of some sort. It doesn't have to be the Garnier Fructis kind. As for diffusers, they really do help with frizzyness/poofiness. However, I normally just let my hair air dry anyway. But yes, diffusers help. If you don't want to buy one but you still want to dry your hair with a hair dryer, try scrunching your hair with one hand and blow drying with the other, making constant back-and-forth movements with the hair dryer. It will help the stream of air hitting your hair not be so harsh, which will help evade frizz and poofyness.

Hope that helped, let me know if you have any more questions!

-Amy-Jo
By Laura__xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 274, member since Sun Jul 01, 2007
On Sun Mar 02, 2008 04:30 AM
Edited by Laura__x (181936) on 2008-03-02 04:32:05
Well, that picture is from last year but I can get my hair like that but it doesn't stay like that (grr!) as it drys it just all starts to go completely fluffy. I don't use any like products in it though so what would you suggest I do/buy! Thanks for your help by the way :P :D
Love Laura__x
On Sun Mar 02, 2008 07:03 PM
Um.... I would suggest that you follow the directions I describe in this tutorial, and try the products I just suggested in the above post...

-Amy-Jo
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Mon Mar 03, 2008 09:44 AM
I'm definitely gonna try this!
What's the product you use to make your hair look so lovely?
By tory95 Comments: 3, member since Sun Mar 02, 2008
On Mon Mar 03, 2008 09:59 AM
I have really curly hair and it is so annoying sometimes to keep up with, becuase it gets frizy and stuff. Your hair looks amazing though!!!-I wish mine looked like that.
Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatchDraw