Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: How to Style Curly Hair: A Picture Tutorial
By Maggie_May1 Comments: 20, member since Tue Dec 01, 2009
On Wed Dec 30, 2009 03:27 PM
I have all but given up on curly hair, my hair is super straight and it does not support any curl. There was some good advice on this site and I will try some of it.
By Izzy2009member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 54, member since Tue Dec 08, 2009
On Wed Jan 13, 2010 09:12 AM
Thanks that really helped! You have really nice curly hair. I envy you!
Izzy2009
X
By Dancingmother Comments: 21, member since Sat Sep 02, 2006
On Thu Jan 28, 2010 08:55 PM
thank you for the tips! that was a huge help, I love your hair!
By lilydancer Comments: 988, member since Mon Aug 04, 2003
On Thu Mar 04, 2010 02:05 PM
you have beautiful hair!
my curls are similar to yours but my hair is a lot longer than yours and it's also VERY very thick. finger combing won't do it for me :) i have to comb through it after i get out of the shower, but i'm definitely gonna try the defuser thing. thanks for this!!

Comment #9121333 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2010-07-08 10:21:10 spam

Comment #9121341 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2010-07-08 10:21:18 spam

By medalgirl_11member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 295, member since Sat Feb 24, 2007
On Mon Aug 02, 2010 06:09 PM
Thanks!! That was really helpful. My hair has become more and more curly these past few years and for a while I was, unfortunately, sporting the poofy look. This should be really useful. :)
By s2010 Comments: 5, member since Fri Jul 09, 2010
On Thu Oct 28, 2010 03:33 PM
Oh my god im so happy to actually find something to get my hair
curly without being frizzy.your hair is gorgeous ive permed curly hair and never get it right witout looking frizzy,when i wash it and scrunch with a towel i think its curly until it drys and then comes the frizz.
im gonna try it out first thing in the morning.

thanks for the tips
XXXXX
By AnnaLauren1 Comments: 94, member since Tue Dec 14, 2010
On Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:52 PM
Another tip-- Before or after applying product when first stepping out of the shower, I do use a wide toothed comb on just by roots. But I don't pull down forcefully, just barely comb over it to get it straight. I then very loosely gather my ends into a ponytail. My part usually falls naturally, if yours doesn't its ok to mess with the roots and play around with the part while your hair is wet, so long as you are careful to STAY AWAY FROM THOSE ENDS!!! Dont touch em! But, after pulling my ends into an extremely loose pony, I blow dry my roots by holding the dryer directly above my head. This straightens the hair at the roots and around the face where the most pesky frizzies like to hang out. This leaves my roots smooth and shiny and the rest with pretty curls. I achieve more of a "I used a curling iron look" than a natural one when I use this method. Give it a try. You might love the results!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Sun Mar 06, 2011 04:47 PM
What sort of product does everyone use? I used to use mousse but it made my hair crispy so I tried gel and that doesn't have much effect. What I really want is that well defined look thats almost wet looking? Wax just makes my hair greasy. I spoke to a hair dresser and she said to leave conditioner on my hair when washing to help with the frizz but it just curls and looks really dry.

I want to to look more like:

[img] www.girlswithcurls.com . . . /[img]

and [img]www.weddingcometrue.com . . .[img]

My curl type is 3b and really unruley and its just a big frizzy mess at the moment
By AmyJoJomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Mon Mar 07, 2011 05:30 AM
Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream is the best thing I've tried that doesn't make my hair look crunchy. I've been using it since before I made the tutorial in 2007. Before that, I used this John Frieda Funky Chunky stuff, and it work well, but it's not as easy to use as the Garnier Fructis stuff. I'm a big fan of easy ;)

They stopped selling the Garnier Fructis stuff in stores, but it's worth it to order online. I've even cut my hair way shorter, and it still makes my hair look awesome.

-Jo
By celestia836 Comments: 2006, member since Tue Dec 02, 2003
On Mon Mar 07, 2011 09:03 AM
I don't have curly hair, only slightly wavy, so do take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard from numerous people that Boots Curl Creme works really well. My best friend has a full head of beautiful curls, and she swears by it. She works a smidge of it through her hair while it's sopping wet, then adds her other products. If I want my hair to have lots of tighter waves, I use her method; if I'm just calming down the frizz and defining my normal, very loose waves, I add it when my hair is dry.

I do find that it makes my hair a tiny bit crunchy if I add it before my hair is mostly dried, but the jars are so inexpensive (£2, I think?) that it's worth a try. They last for ages, too.
By marym1 Comments: 20, member since Sun Sep 11, 2011
On Thu Feb 09, 2012 03:10 AM
wow your hair is beautiful makes me wish i had hair like yours great tips your giving loving the hair
By Emmalite Comments: 22, member since Tue Aug 30, 2011
On Wed Apr 18, 2012 01:05 PM
your hair is gorgeous! ! awh i id kill to have hair like yours! mines naturally straight, i love to have curly hair all the time! your so pretty! xx
By ash007 Comments: 20, member since Tue Jan 24, 2012
On Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 PM
great advice here your hair looks amazing! my hairs naturally curly
By eileen2 Comments: 21, member since Sun Jul 18, 2010
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 06:49 PM
Thanks you so much for this insightful view into how to get such beautiful hair
By dancedance27 Comments: 39, member since Wed Oct 23, 2013
On Wed Dec 04, 2013 02:20 PM
I loved this! I do it to my hair all the time! :). Mine is wavy kinda curly so it works well and takes minutes or seconds if my hair is being good. :)
By wannabe1 Comments: 24, member since Mon May 26, 2014
On Mon May 26, 2014 01:22 PM
I will have to try this as i have very curly hair. Sometimes its like an afro Haha. Hope your tips help thanks
By wannabe1 Comments: 24, member since Mon May 26, 2014
On Mon May 26, 2014 01:55 PM
I will have to try this as i have very curly hair. Sometimes its like an afro Haha. Hope your tips help thanks
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatchDraw