Forum: USA / USA - LA

Johnny Depp was here and I didnt know?!
By kristie_bugmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:39 AM
Moved to USA - LA by Theresa (28613) on 2008-02-20 20:00:22 Moved to USA - LA, to spice the forum up with some new topics!
Bumped by Theresa (28613) on 2008-02-20 20:00:31

Geez I always feel like the last person to know anything. For those who have seen the last "Pirates" movie, they know that in the first scenes with Depp he is in the desert with a boat filled with other Depps. This scene took one day to film, and that was in August of 06. Not only that, it was filmed miles from my home.

It was filmed at the salt flats by the Great Salt Lake, which I live near by in Tooele County. My dad pointed out in the credits that it was filmed at the salt flats.

Johnny Depp was in the same county as me, probably an hour away from my house, and I had no clue. Given, not even Tooele Transcript was able to stay there, but I would have dug a tunnel and popped up on the boat with him :)

This is just a rant cause I always feel like the last to know, and because, well, Johnny Depp was near my home! I feel so star struck but without reason. :P

*Kristie*

7 Replies to Johnny Depp was here and I didnt know?!

re: Johnny Depp was here and I didnt know?!
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 04:25 AM
I´m almost positive Johnny Depp must have been several times in the same city like me. Berlin is often visited be famous actors, because they have premieres here or stuff like that.
But Kathy never cared about it. ;) He´s just a man, like any other man. He just happens to be good at acting while others are good in other things.

Kathy
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 05:59 AM
You didn't even hear about random Johnny Depp sightings?

Tom Cruise filmed part of Minority Report in a park very near to where I live. And for about a week afterward, no matter where you went, you'd hear somebody talking about how they saw Tom Cruise in the post office or something. Yeah, dream on.
By Aimsy
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 09:45 AM
I think one of Johnny Depp's houses is in Lymington, England which is about 30 mins away from where I live! I never been to see if I could spot him though!

Aims xxx
By imadanseurPremium member
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:08 AM
Johnny Depp filmed some movie around Phoenix. He stayed at our hotel and I watched the OJ verdict with him (sitting right behind him staring at his head.) He was so incredibly HOT HOT HOT, and was so very very nice to everyone that wanted to talk to him.
By kristie_bugmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:07 AM
Naw I didnt hear anything. Of course, Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp were the only ones out there filming, I think.

Man, I wouldnt attack him, but I would love just to talk to him. He does such a great job in everything. I would like to ask him how he liked the one piece swim suit from sweeney todd. :P

Just gotta keep dreaming :D

*Kristie*
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 01:47 PM
^Well, at the time that he was filming the Pirates movies, he hadn't filmed Sweeny Todd, so you wouldn't have been able to ask him about that. :P

Besides, it's just as well - with set security and body guards and all that, it's not like you would have been able to get close to him anyway. :/

Daniel Baldwin just got arrested on the set of some movie - that was filming in the same town my boyfriend works in. Heh.
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 02:24 PM
Will Ferrell filmed part of Talladega Nights in my hometown. One part was ACROSS THE STREET from my neighborhood, and I didn't even know until later. Darn.

ReplySendWatch