Poll: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competitions

Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: Overused song at competitions?
By unninvitedgrace Comments: 22, member since Thu Dec 20, 2007
On Sun May 20, 2012 09:24 PM
All That Jazz has to be the most overused song EVER!

Over the past recent years I have seen a lot of any song that is used on 'So You Think You Can Dance' and from the movies 'Burlesque' and 'Nine'.
At one competition I went this year there were 4 routines of "Grenade" including one of my soloists.

And what "Wild Horses" version are you referring to? by who?
By dancingkatiee Comments: 21, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Sun May 27, 2012 02:10 PM
I can think of a few more; "My Boyfriend's Back", I haven't been to one competition where at least 3 different studios haven't used this song! Also, I find that as soon as a song is used on SYTYCD, everyone uses it!
By Rachel_n Comments: 103, member since Thu May 27, 2010
On Tue Jun 12, 2012 08:51 PM
Pretty woman, Jesus take the wheel, and anything Adele
By pointeprincessSDmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 515, member since Wed Jun 23, 2010
On Fri Jun 15, 2012 03:51 PM
This year it was all about Adele, Lykke Li, Demi Lovato's Skyscraper, Pop Drop and Roll, and Show Me How You Burlesque. Burlesque was my least favorite for sure - I cringed every time I heard that one!
By Dancezoner Comments: 2, member since Mon May 06, 2013
On Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 AM
Black Betty is soo overused
By GreenJazzShoes Comments: 7, member since Thu Oct 31, 2013
On Fri Nov 01, 2013 06:52 AM
Candyman, All that Jazz, Skyfall, Someone lIke You, Breathe Me, I also hear lots of songs from Dance Moms. Like, constantly.

Also, if I see another schoolgirl dance to Baby One More Time I will scream!! The little kids had a group dance to it, and my friend's sister said that two girls used it as their duet music. But it's the costumes, it's always school uniforms! Thanks, Britney.

Also, Toxic is overused and so is Sexy Back, Thriller, Beat It, Anything Janet Jackson, My Love... Too many!!!
By zoe19 Comments: 1, member since Fri Jul 15, 2016
On Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:25 PM
I'm just curious, what songs did you use in that number?
By SDAdancerLIM Comments: 37, member since Tue May 17, 2016
On Sun Jul 17, 2016 09:56 PM
Nationals for my studio just ended today. The songs we heard the most were actually Rather Be and Jet Set. We also heard plenty of Hit the Road Jack this season. Last year, I went to a regional competition where in one age division there were 9 dances to Not About Angels
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch