Forum: Adults / Dance Therapy

Dance Therapy
where do i start???
By Kelikea15 Comments: 20, member since Fri Nov 30, 2007
On Tue Jan 08, 2008 01:36 PM

i'm a senior in h.s., and i've been dancing since i was 3.. i have considered dance therapy as a career, but i couldn't find any schools that offer it. i was also looking for a place that has it so i could go and learn a little more about it.. if anyone knows of any places, please let me know!!! thank you!! =]

2 Replies to where do i start???

re: where do i start???
By indigo_dancer Comments: 1044, member since Thu Jun 22, 2006
On Sun Jan 13, 2008 01:22 PM
Try this site for starters and see what universities offer that field. www.artslynx.org . . . I will be looking for specific universites for you because I remember coming across some in the past. Hope this helps to start you off.
re: where do i start???
By dancebiscuit Comments: 95, member since Mon Dec 20, 2004
On Sun Jan 27, 2008 05:43 PM
go to adta.org ...its the american dance therapy association website...there is a section for students on it ...there it will tell you schools that offer dance therapy for undergrad and for grad school. But, from experience....for your undergrad, you can pretty much go for anything, though most people do some combinaiton with dance and psychology...i am currently a grad student at drexel for dance therapy, and i was a biology and psychology major with a dance minor ...other people in my program right now have come from english, communications, and even one girl was a lawyer before starting the program! PM me if you have any questions!

ReplySendWatch