Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Is it true.....
By nanersmom
On Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 AM
Image detached by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-02-03 08:43:39 Photo not necessary.

Is it true about Christopher Bowman? A girl I work with just told me and I can't beleive it. He is one of my favorite skaters. I remember when I met him back in the late 80's on the Cambell's Tour of Championships.

5 Replies to Is it true.....

re: Is it true.....
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 11, 2008 02:39 PM
Yes he was found dead in bed by a friend in a cheap hotel [suspected drug overdose ]

Mama DD's xxx
By maureensiobhan
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 09:02 AM
Yes, I read about it this morning. There was an article about it in the sports section in our local paper. I kind of figured that his death might be drug-related. He was one of the best skaters, and one of the best performers. I always enjoyed watching him skate. Few skaters could match his performing ability. No wonder he was dubbed "Bowman the Showman". How lucky you were to have met him.

It's sad that his fame and talent weren't enough to make him completely happy. I guess, though, that nothing ever does make you happy once you get addicted to drugs.
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 09:28 AM
Edited by groovygran (82337) on 2008-01-12 11:03:25
Have to agree about the drug adiction

I think he struggled with it all his life but could always pull that fantastic skate out when ever in competition

Loved to watch him skate and always thought he felt the music whatever he skated to
Bowman the Showman was such a great nick name for him because that is what he was ...such a great showman to watch

Mama DD's xxx
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 07:30 PM
Very sad as I enjoyed to watch him so much. Too bad he could not hit the technical end cleanly as he was the most entertaining, other than Scott Hamilton.

See this...

www.signonsandiego.com . . .

and

ap.google.com . . .
By rr_lover
On Sat Feb 02, 2008 01:23 PM
i'm a little uhhh confused as to why you have a picture of Sasha Cohen when its a post about Christopher Bowman passing away.......

ReplySendWatch