Poll: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: Which Swan do you prefer, Odette ( white swan) or Odile (Black swan)
By BalletChic5678 Comments: 136, member since Sun Dec 28, 2008
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 01:06 PM
Odile all the way.!
By Saretchka Comments: 23, member since Wed Sep 01, 2010
On Sat Sep 04, 2010 02:16 PM
Odette~ I don't like that black swan is all about tricks. Odile is a lot of fun to dance, though, it's nice to be evil for a change.
By mickykittymousemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 62, member since Thu Jan 13, 2011
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 06:36 AM
I definitely prefer the white swan Odette because I like the good ones ;) I'm always at the side from the outsiders who are broken-hearted.
By StardancerTiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5074, member since Sat Jan 28, 2006
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 09:47 AM
I honestly cant decide I love them both ...

Tia xx
By hiphopballet Comments: 48, member since Sat Aug 06, 2011
On Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 PM
I picked odette because I really think her movement is gorgeous and I love the music too.
By Dancindave08109 Comments: 15, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 PM
black swan all the way. I enjoy seeing the evil brewing inside her that is awesome and should be done more.
By Petit Comments: 59, member since Wed Jul 07, 2010
On Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:29 AM
Odette:-)
Now I am doing Odette variation from act II and I really enjoy it!
By YuhuiChoe Comments: 1, member since Fri Nov 25, 2011
On Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:22 PM
I have been told that I have great Port de Bras so, Odette really suits me. (For people who don't know me, I have a very slim upper body..)

However, when I guested in Korean National Ballet a few years ago, my Odile showed up so much better. :) I think I like Odile better. The music is more fun too!
By PointeQueen13 Comments: 81, member since Mon May 28, 2012
On Tue May 29, 2012 06:00 PM
It's really hard to decide, but I always have this bond pulling me toward Odile, because she is so sassy, and, fierce, and not like ballet (which is soft and gentile!). So I chose her!
By DanceEvermore Comments: 41, member since Thu Aug 09, 2012
On Fri Aug 10, 2012 03:38 PM
Odile, Odile, Odile! I always do better with darker dances and characters for some reason, and I just like it more. Sad/Angry/dark pieces are my specialty :)
By LyraOdette Comments: 69, member since Sun Apr 21, 2013
On Tue May 28, 2013 05:00 PM
Hmm I think you can tell by the screen name! Actually though I love the good guys and especially Odette; she isn't exactly simpering.
By PNBgurl444 Comments: 244, member since Sat Dec 11, 2010
On Fri May 31, 2013 11:04 AM
Odile because she is so sassy!! There's more depth to her character than Odette, I think, she's so deceitful! That makes for an interesting role, even though Odette is the star really.
By OneGiantLeap Comments: 492, member since Wed Apr 30, 2008
On Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 PM
You can't have one without the other (apparently)! I think Odette is harder to do really well though. If you have the technique in the bag, Odile should be a walk in the park and just lots and lots of fun.

Having said that, bad Odettes are horrible to watch, but bad Odiles are hilarious.

I can't choose!
By theballerinanr Comments: 2, member since Wed Jun 19, 2013
On Wed Jun 19, 2013 01:16 PM
Odile. She's so seductive and dark. Mysterious even. There are so many light and delicate parts out there. Plus You could make a whole back story to her easier than Odette so you could play her better.
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Wed Jun 19, 2013 02:36 PM
I couldn't choose ! Although I chose odile as her character is different to that of all the other main roles in ballets such as sleeping beauty , Giselle etc, I love how different she is and her fierceness and almost bravery .
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 457, member since Tue Aug 28, 2012
On Wed Jun 19, 2013 06:00 PM
This is from a dancer nowhere neat advanced enough to do pas de deux, but from videos I've seen, I'm gonna go with Odile. They are both so gorgeous, and seeing the same dancer portray both roles is a delight, but I still side with Odile. I most love strong, bold dancers, and that's Odile! Also, I tend to look at antagonists and think they're just misunderstood (I blame the comic books I've read), so sometimes I see Odile as a victim too: manipulated by Rothbart (or however it's spelled) to help him achieve his means.

But if we're just talking about the the PDD, well, they're both gorgeous! I do think the Odette one is a little pretty, but as a character I still like Odile more!
By DanceintheTARDIS Comments: 52, member since Thu Jun 27, 2013
On Sat Jul 06, 2013 02:21 AM
Odile, all the way- I tend to like the dark, seductive roles/characters more- probably because I can't do dark and seductive in real life! :P I much prefer Odette's music, though.
By SugarplumDreams Comments: 59, member since Sat Mar 09, 2013
On Sun Jul 07, 2013 01:10 PM
Edited by SugarplumDreams (257382) on 2013-07-07 13:14:38
Odile, She's so powerful but has that graceful touch to her. I can imagine while dancing the Odile pas de duex I would be smirking the whole entire time. I think odile fits me more.Also,as others said, I like the darkness. I'm the type of girl that likes dark,mysterious characters.You really don't know who Odile really is and what she's like. You only know that she want's to seduce the prince and win him over.
By Emmalovesballet Comments: 21, member since Tue Nov 06, 2012
On Wed Jan 01, 2014 04:58 PM
I would love to be able to perform both parts, but I prefer Odette, because I am best at performing sad, slow, graceful roles. Also, the music to the white swan pas de deux is just so beautiful, it brings a lot of emotion out of me.
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch