Poll: Irish / Irish

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: What's your favorite Irish dress bag?
By IrishDanceEviE
On Tue May 27, 2008 08:40 AM
I love the dress bags from 4irishdancers.net they are really cute and waterproof too!
By cliodhna
On Tue May 27, 2008 12:04 PM
i bought a great antonio pacello bag it has loads of pockets and you can put to dresses in it easy

Comment #8516855 deleted
Removed by lidwina (172256) on 2010-12-05 14:28:32 If you would like to advertise, please contact us.

By ReelJiggered
On Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:31 AM
So I just got my first dress that won't fit in a regular garment bag, so it looks like I'll need a dress bag. Two questions:

1. Any suggestions for how to transport it and store it until I get one?

2. Is there any real difference between all the bag brands?? I really don't care how "cute" the fabric is... I'm looking for functionality. So is one better than another in that respect?

Thanks!
K
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:52 AM
I have an RKM bag. I like it a lot. I would love to see another outside zippered pocket on it where I could put some small stuff, but the overall design is good. It has a large clear "pocket" inside to hold your cape if it's stiff. The bar holds the dress well. It's very sturdy, and I like that you can get custom embroidery on the front - they have a LOT of ID/celtic designs. I got mine at the CNY Bob Gabor Feis in NY. They are based in New Jersey.
By laq
On Sun May 16, 2010 03:10 PM
what's the best way to store and transport a 2 pice soft skirt dress
By Deirdre_I_S_E
On Sun May 16, 2010 03:21 PM
^^ if the skirt is narrow enough I have seen people carrying under-bed storage containers around with 2 piece dresses and cupcake/non-flat dresses. the skirt lays horizontally and the jacket lays vertically.

I have a Siopa bag and a RKM bag and there are aspects that I like and dislike about both.

I wish the Siopa bag opened down and had extra pockets inside.

I like the RMK bag but to me its heavy and bulky. I like the extra pockets on the inside, that it opens down and the velcro top so I can pop items in and out.

When I travel with multiple dresses I use the RMK bag but I prefer to use the Siopa bag.
By laq
On Sun May 16, 2010 03:30 PM
ok time to put our thinking caps on (your all of yours anyway) and under the bed storage box is going to be a pain!

it's a velvet top and puff ball/ra-ra type soft skirt

ideas? come on you dress bag makers out there you must have some ideas... please... pretty please....
By rosalinde
On Tue May 18, 2010 12:29 AM
I currently have an Elevation Dance dressbag, because I could buy it at half price with my Elevation dress. I don't like it nearly as much as the Antonio Pacelli bag I had before (and sold *sniff*) since it's smaller, has no front pocket and less comfy shoulder straps.
By laq
On Wed Jul 07, 2010 03:21 PM
what changes did your mom make to the irish threads bag?
By mandees11
On Sun Jan 22, 2012 08:44 AM
I have not gotten a dress bag yet but you know those things that youre like dadd uses for his suits you could use one of those because that s what im doing (for now).
By WhitePineLane
On Thu Feb 27, 2014 07:44 AM
Antonio Pacelli vs. Kelso Travel Wedge
We had an Antonio Pacelli bag for four years, and we liked it... until the edges of my daughter's two dresses started getting damaged. The Pacelli bags are very soft sided - which is GREAT when you're in a fight with the boarding attendant on the airplane who is insisting you need to check your dress bag and you can turn around and shove it right into that little "bag must fit in this space" thing! But it's not so great when the panels on the school dress start to curve on the edges, or the skirt material on the solo dress starts to wear thin because it's being rubbed on the skirt stiffener while in the dress bag.

Our solution was to switch to the Kelso Travel Wedge. (Disclaimer - since we bought our Kelso bag, I am now doing some work for the company. This review, however, is based solely on our real experience with a Travel Wedge we bought from them). The Travel Wedge from Kelso has a two-inch hard edge around it that protects the edges of the dresses much better than our previous bag. It also holds two dresses, but unlike the Pacelli, it holds them on TWO DOWELS with a fabric separater between them! (In the Pacelli bag we just hung one dress over the other on the same dowel).

The only thing we miss about the Pacelli is the four interior shoe-sized pockets. On the Kelso there is a really good-sized exterior zippered pocket where you could put your shoes, but we preferred the setup on the Pacelli. Otherwise, the Kelso wins hands-down. And one more really big plus: you can have your Kelso embroidered with a number of different Irish images, or, like we did, with you school's logo and your name! Never worry again about someone mistakenly picking up your bag!

Right now (until March 1, 2014) on Kelso's Facebook page, they are having a giveaway of their large duffle bag (which can also be embroidered). The large duffle has awesome individual shoe pockets, on lots of other great features. There's also a Facebook-fan-only discount for any order, so head on over and give them a "like" to keep up with all their sales and giveaways!
By Irishdancer718
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:23 AM
I have a Snazzy Bag in green chevron and I love it!!! It is made of a waterproof material and is lightweight! Hers are by far the cutest ones out there!!!
By Irishdancer718
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:26 AM
They do not have a website and the link doesn't work.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch