Forum: Disco / Disco - Well Wishes / Good Luck

Disco - Good Luck
Please do not post pictures of yourself in other people's threads!!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Jan 25, 2008 02:05 AM
Made sticky by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-01-25 02:06:42
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-01-27 00:14:33 added thought.
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-01-29 16:07:06 added wording.
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-03-11 12:38:26 added wording.

The disco boards have LOTS of forums where you can post pics. Most people post a pic in the Good Luck/Congrats/Thank You forum when they originally post. Almost all of the Disco "style" forums (Rock&Roll, Show, Slow, Solos, Street, Pairs), and of course in the three photo forums (Members, Misc, Collages) allow pictures.

This forum does NOT need additional pictures in it. If someone is congratulating a friend on an accomplishment, they may not want your picture on their thread, and they certainly do not need it. Posting a picture of yourself is not relevant to the original post or who the post is about. If you want to share your pictures then please start a separate thread. If you want to share a picture of the person that posted find a way to e-mail it to them privately or post it in the disco photo forum. It does NOT belong in their thread because the forum is getting clogged with these kind of pictures.

Posting pictures to dance.net takes up valuable space on our servers. We ask that every member be selective and only post pictures when they are necessary. Any extra pictures that are posted in peoples threads in this section will be removed, and possibly your entire post will be removed. This forum is primarily for text. Go visit the photos forums for sharing all your pictures with your friends.

10 Replies to Please do not post pictures of yourself in other people's threads!!

re: Please do not post pictures of yourself in other people's threads!!
By fairyfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2821, member since Sat Jul 05, 2003
On Fri Jan 25, 2008 03:56 PM
nice one imadanseur!
not only does it take up server space,
theres nothing more annoying than having to wait ages
to read someones post because every other reply has a pic in it,
and if you try to start reading the replies the page keeps shooting back up to the top as the pictures load!
loadsa love lala xxx
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Sat Jan 26, 2008 05:52 PM
Have to agree ..as well as the points made by fairyfeer and Imadancer
It is also very rude to add your /your childs photo to someone elses Congratulations etc

Mama DD's xxx
By freestylestarr Comments: 685, member since Wed Jul 26, 2006
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 04:16 AM
i do and i dont agree!! what if you put up a pic of your self with the person your congradulating theres nothing wronge with that!!
love jade
xx
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 04:33 AM
Edited by groovygran (82337) on 2008-04-09 04:34:22
Yes there is as it is not allowed why have your photo on their congratulations post ...RUDE as the post is about THEM.... not you or you and them

Mama DD's xxx
By madmilzi Comments: 2774, member since Fri May 16, 2008
On Tue May 27, 2008 03:29 PM
1 Image(s) detached by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2008-10-31 16:12:36 You didn't need to post a picture to ask this question!
Hi, i'm pretty new to this, but don't know how to get my picture small when reply to peoples posts, try pressing on thumbnail picture, but it still comes out big, can you please help.

thanks Millie. xx
By kitcatpopmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1415, member since Sat Mar 10, 2007
On Fri Oct 31, 2008 01:58 PM
Hi,

I know exactly what you mean,
Someone did that to me and i felt
annoyed at it becuase there is no point
it just said 'if you see me come and say hi'

Love
Caitlyn Wakee x
By freestyle_angelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1041, member since Thu Jun 28, 2007
On Sat Dec 20, 2008 08:55 AM
I agree theres nothing worse then waiting to read a post and waiting for pictures to download i think a lot of people do this when they are new and not understanding how the forums work
By JessicaX Comments: 34, member since Sat Dec 06, 2008
On Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 PM
I agree theres nothing worse then waiting to read a post and waiting for pictures to download Because it ttake up space and also it take way to long
Love Jess x
By mackenzieob Comments: 26, member since Tue Apr 21, 2009
On Mon May 18, 2009 02:36 AM
thats a great idea always takes ages

xxxx
By jazzy_pants_mumPremium member Comments: 296, member since Mon Mar 15, 2010
On Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:43 AM
I don't undersatan why people would want to either, its their thread!!!
unless some think its a mistake as It says upload pic?? :) xxx

ReplySendWatch