Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

what should i know how to do for tryouts
By dancestar11
On Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:56 PM

I'm going to try out for my high school dance team, but I'm not really sure what to practice. Suggestions?

5 Replies to what should i know how to do for tryouts

re: what should i know how to do for tryouts
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 02, 2008 06:15 PM
For our tryouts, we have to perform a double pirouette on both sides, right and left leaps, and a toe-touch. I would also suggest working on the splits and high kicks. Make sure you have good posture, a confident smile, and just have fun! If you need anymore advice, just pm me, I've been on the dance team at my school for 2 years.
By dancestar11
On Sun Feb 03, 2008 06:08 PM
Thanks. Any other advice from anyone else?!
the boards seem kind of dead...
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 06, 2008 03:16 PM
mine is basically the same as honey but with no toe touch, we do alot of tilts and alot of side leaps too.

I think the best bet is to ask a current member on the team about tryouts and what to work on. They will know the best because they are on the team you want to try out for. You can also email the coach and I bet she will be more than glad to help. I emailed the UM coach and she responded so I bet your prospective coach will respond too.
By dancestar11
On Thu Feb 07, 2008 04:27 PM
Thank you.

I really have to work on facials... I forget to smile because I'm concentrating so hard on my dancing...
By dancingrl247
On Sat Feb 09, 2008 09:23 PM
it's hard because every team is so different and has different styles and requirements. i would look into talking to a current team memer or e-mailing the coach.

but for every try-out, work hard the whole time, coaches don't like to see people goofing off or not taking it seriously. SMILE and have fun when you dance. go home and practice the dance so you can be more prepared for the next day. GOOD LUCK!

ReplySendWatch