Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

HELP! Half my team is SUSPENDED!!!
By dnc_n_twrl
On Thu Jan 31, 2008 01:15 PM
Locked by dnc_n_twrl (169661) on 2008-03-28 01:10:04 old situation, no advice was given, now I don't need any

I have never posted on this part of DDN, but I really need some help and advise... dancers, coaches, parents... anyone's ideas are very welcome! (I will try to make this as to the point as I can)

2 weeks ago I found out that half of my high school dance team 5 of the 10 were suspended from activities for 4 weeks. I'll spare you the story :) ANYWAY...During this 4 week period we have two of our 3 competitions we do all year. We have been working for this since October... We just withdrew from last weekendÂ’s competition because the 5 girls I have left weren't up for making the changes so quickly. To qualify for our state competition at the end of the month we have to compete in one preliminary competition, so the 5 girls remaining on the team have to perform alone on Sunday. Which all of you understand the stresses of changing a team dance choreographed for 10 dancers to 5 dancers.

These girls are very stressed out and this has really caused a huge ripple in our season and in our team relationships (as you can imagine.)

I need to get the whole team focused back working towards state. All of the team will be able to dance again by state. I need my dancers to focus and work hard and work together during the next 3 weeks and they are far from that. I am out of ideas and patience dealing with this problem. I know I have to stay positive, but I just don't know what to do!

Any ideas.......

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed