Forum: Disco / Disco Competitions

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

Disco Competitions
tickets for competitions & festivals
By ADFP_OFFICIAL Comments: 61, member since Wed Feb 09, 2005
On Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:33 AM
Made sticky by calypso (11968) on 2008-02-07 10:49:47

It has come to the ADFP’s notice that dancers on dance.net are trying to obtain tickets to competitions via a third party. The ADFP would like to inform all dancers that tickets can only be purchased from their teacher and dancers attending events without tickets and intending to purchase tickets on the door can only do so with their teachers permission.

The ADFP would also like to add that it is also not acceptable for dancers to attend Festivals without their teachers permission and that all bookings for weekend Festivals must be done through their teacher and not direct to the promoter or the promoters website.

ADFP OFFICIAL

27 Replies to tickets for competitions & festivals

re: tickets for competitions & festivals
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 AM
Thanks for pointing this out
We often see these posts and try to explain about teachers having to get all tickets even if school not going has to be done through teacher

Mama DD's xxx
By mydeesuperdanca Comments: 1770, member since Fri Jul 28, 2006
On Thu Feb 07, 2008 01:50 PM
hi there

I didn't know individuals would even try as our teacher always phones for the tickets etc for all our comps.she has always told us this was the way it has to be done

karen
By DanielWardle_MPT Comments: 81, member since Thu Sep 20, 2007
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 07:59 AM
Not to sure what to think abt this, money's money at the end of the day so as long as cmopetition holders get theirs then does it really matter?
By chloeleighPremium member Comments: 2428, member since Thu Mar 15, 2007
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 03:56 PM
what happens when your teacher never gets you tickets?
By DanielWardle_MPT Comments: 81, member since Thu Sep 20, 2007
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 03:40 AM
Exactly! My teachers doesnt always get tickets sent to her for comps, for example, i travel half an hour to my dance school and when local comps come up in Bury then she cant get tickets because they are sold out so we just pay on the door and find someone we know to sit with

Comment #6994092 deleted
Removed by Lirit (28370) on 2008-03-21 11:45:01 If you have nothing to add to the conversation, why bother?

By XxlildancerelxXmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3070, member since Fri May 19, 2006
On Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:27 AM
My teacher always gets are comp tickets- don't know how we would go about going to comps if not!
xxxxxxx
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 27664, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Tue Apr 01, 2008 01:05 PM
hi, our teacher has made it clear that tickets and comps are to go through her. not a problem, if there are comps we like the look of we always go to her first.

carla cristi coral x
By Kaytexmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3193, member since Tue Oct 23, 2007
On Wed Apr 23, 2008 05:31 AM
can i ask it is ok to look for a comp on here and give your teacher details?

i have often asked for comps ie:

anybody a comp on sunday Xth April...

and then if i find one i want i give my tecaher the details and she makes the contact.. ?

i was of the understanding that this was ok yet when i not long ago asked for any comps i got a reply for a member sayin i was in the wrong?
By DanceDad6 Comments: 21, member since Thu May 29, 2008
On Tue Jun 17, 2008 04:46 AM
As long as your teacher is happy, and it is him/her who makes the contact then I don't see the problem. In any school there will be some competitiors who go to more comps than others, when it isn't a whole school outing.

At a number of comps there are some people pay on the door, BUT ONLY if the promoter has ok'ed it with the teacher in advance.
By DiscoTrayza_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1390, member since Mon Jun 09, 2008
On Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:14 AM
my teacher asks us how many tickets each of us want and if we actually want them about a week before, xx
By IlluisionDancerx Comments: 47, member since Sun Jun 08, 2008
On Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:52 AM
Thanks for posting this .

xx
By Megzastar Comments: 136, member since Sat Jun 02, 2007
On Wed Jul 30, 2008 09:16 AM
if we have paid to go to devon cliffs myself and my mum we raelly can not go now can we get some money back may be lose the deposite but get the rest back has we only paid the rest last week is it poss for the dance school to reinverse our money back it is genuine reason thank you .
By chrisj2 Comments: 52, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Fri Oct 03, 2008 05:28 AM
i agree completely with the rule of dance teachers getting tickets, I feel that it gives parents some sense of security that our children are safe, if tickets were sold on the door god knows what type of people would have accesss to our children, i also think that its great that videos and cameras are not allowed.
re: competitions & festivals
By Danceshots Comments: 9, member since Mon Feb 16, 2009
On Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 AM
Hi.

I'm trying to get into dance photography. Being an ex dancer many years ago (too long to mention)! I am well positioned with understanding the dance scene.

I have been in professional photography for over 30 yrs I am an associate member of the British Institute of Prefessional Photographers and also hold an enhanced CRB cert.

I need to be able to get a list of up and coming dance events but seem to be having trouble locating the right info.

Can you please help.

Thanks, Norman.
By Dannibabeei Comments: 49, member since Mon Aug 04, 2008
On Wed Mar 18, 2009 03:39 PM
thank x
By nanaann Comments: 21, member since Tue Apr 14, 2009
On Mon Apr 20, 2009 05:46 AM
we put our names down on reverse of comp sheet your teacher must order tickets.
By mbabes Comments: 160, member since Fri Aug 21, 2009
On Mon Aug 31, 2009 01:06 PM
Hi,
I fully agree that the teacher should be the one to order tickets for dance events but may I point out that the teacher should be responsible for the number of tickets ordered and that they in fact need any at all.

It is very off puting for a promoter to reserve seats for a dance school only to find on the day of the competition that they have not turned up or have turned up and hand in a load of returns.

Accurate ordering of tickets would be grately appreciated.
By JADE9 Comments: 24, member since Sun Mar 30, 2008
On Tue Sep 29, 2009 02:35 PM
we get asked if we would like to go to comps. we all have to put are child name and put +1 next to it.
By ldot81 Comments: 1097, member since Sun Sep 13, 2009
On Thu Oct 01, 2009 01:59 PM
I've seen a few comps on here and gone to my dance teacher to ask her for tickets even when the dance school as a whole isn't going.

She seemed fine with this & I wouldn't imagine doing it any other way
By DancerRoss_ Comments: 167, member since Wed Aug 26, 2009
On Mon Nov 02, 2009 02:12 PM
thank you for the notification, (: scams some people are!
By jodie011 Comments: 67, member since Mon Jan 18, 2010
On Wed Jan 20, 2010 07:01 AM
thank you for this warning ... i am new here so good to know.

thank you

kind regards
jodie
By sinshan Comments: 155, member since Tue Feb 23, 2010
On Sat Oct 30, 2010 03:21 PM
our teacher usually sorts out our tickets she usually finds out about comps and asks us who wants to go, but if we here about 1 first we can go to her and suggest it then she sorts it from there. i think it would really undermind her if we done without her!
By jules17 Comments: 20, member since Mon Jan 10, 2011
On Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 AM
This is a very good point, thank you for pointing this out, I am already aware of this as our dance teachers have made us aware, however its goo to keep everyine informed of the rules.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatchDraw