Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

I'm done! An ode to my past 4 years on dance team
By dancingrl247
On Sat Feb 09, 2008 09:44 PM

So after 4 long, wonderful, fun, stressful, crazy, amazing years, my dance team experience is coming to an end.

Last night we performed at the last basketball game of the season, and since our competition was early this year, we're done for the year! I really cannot believe it's over already. Where did these last 4 years go? Wasn't I just walking into try-outs as a scared little freshman? Last night was our senior night, and hearing my name called was so surreal.

I'm sad it's over but I had so much fun. Dancing at football games at my school is like no other experience I'd ever had, it was crazy! I made some great friends on the team, and I felt like especially this year we all really bonded together. We had so much fun at practice, team dinners, and games dancing, eating, talking, or just goofing off. It wasn't always easy. There was team drama, and stress about dances, and of course CAMP but we got through them. and we could always laugh about those insane camp instructors afterwards.

So, thanks for the last 4 years dance team, I'm so happy I was lucky enough to be on the team all through high school!

To everyone who's thinking about trying out for their dance teams- GO FOR IT! and for all of you who are trying out this spring/next fall for next season good luck and enjoy every moment of it- it'll be gone before you know it!

3 Replies to I'm done! An ode to my past 4 years on dance team

re: I'm done! An ode to my past 4 years on dance team
By ConUnaSonrisamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 09, 2008 09:56 PM
Awww, that's so sweet!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I graduated last year and I was so sad to leave my team. I still go back and visit them and stuff, but it's just not the same. Dance team is such a wonderful experience! :)
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 07:42 PM
What a great story!
Next year will be my last year on dance team, and I will really miss it.

Stephanie
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 05:23 PM
this year is my last year too, our competitions arent done yet but I just am dreading the end.

ReplySendWatch