Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

No Motivation
By IBreathe4Dancing
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:48 AM
Edited by IBreathe4Dancing (191756) on 2008-02-10 10:49:38

This dance season is almost over and next season I want to change it up a little. The girls this season were not motivated at all. Our coach got to practice late because of the drive to our school, so we always slacked off. It began to be a continual thing where we wouldn't do any skills or stretch. We didn't make it to state this year and I think that this had a lot to do with it. It is really frustrating, but I'm a sophomore and don't have a lot of say in things. Does anybody have any ideas to get my team motivated and actually wanting to get better for competitions?

2 Replies to No Motivation

re: No Motivation
By CodeRedDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:53 AM
Will you be attending a camp this summer? That might really help with some team bonding and is also a great way to learn some fresh material which in turn might get the girls motivated again.

Another thing you can try is to have team bonding events like sleep-overs, secret sisters, or just going out together for dinner a few times a year. One thing I've found with my team is that bonding really helps motivate because you feel like part of a family and you are driven to work hard to see your family succeed.

Good luck!!!
re: No Motivation
By IBreathe4Dancing
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:00 AM
hey thanks a lot! I was going to set up a sleep-over thing, but some people didn't look so interested. And if everybody isn't there there isn't really any point in having one.

ReplySendWatch