Forum: Sports / Sports Photos - Misc

China Gymnasts
By wetnoodle
On Fri Apr 04, 2003 02:29 AM

Not many people have actually seen or heard much about gymnasts from China...but I personally like them a lot! They have a unique style, and their routines are always exciting to watch and listen to :) I especially love their group routines! Very innovative. Anyway, The one at the bottom right is Zhong Ling, the best in china...and the one in the left corner is Zhu Minhong, probably the 2nd...and Sun Dan is doing the ring jump, and she's probably the 3rd. And that's the group during the most recent competition, Thiais 2003. Yep...and the yellow Chinese words read 'zhong guo' which is China in Chinese. :)
So what do you guys think of china gymnasts?

8 Replies to China Gymnasts

re: China Gymnasts
By Alina17member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 04, 2003 03:55 AM
I like chinese gymnasts too. Ling Zhong has a beauliful style and original routines with a lot of difficult moves. She's really flexible and has nice expression. There are lots of other amazing gymnasts in Asia, for example Aliya Yussupova (lagr.com.free.fr . . .) ,one of my favorites or Dinara Gimatova (www.barny-th.de . . .).
By Freelancer452
On Fri Apr 04, 2003 09:35 PM
ooohhh i've never seen any routines from gymnasts from china... wow they look soo flexible

oh ya, and errr... that yellow writing doesn't say china, i'm not sure what it says, but china's in chinese is 3 characters long
By dachshundlovermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:39 PM
I love watching any type of gymnasts, but especially chinese since they seem so very flexible!

~D_lover~
By wetnoodle
On Sat Apr 05, 2003 07:19 PM
ooh they got silver for their hoop-ball routine! :) i'm so happy for them, I love that routine! I can't wait for the video clip to come out somewhere so I can watch it again :) Everyone must look out for it okay? it's stunning! hehehe :)
By fREEZinG
On Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:49 PM
i like china gymnasts too... (: yeap and i agree that their group routines are very interesting to watch, very innovative. hmmm have a feeling im sort of getting a bit sick of watching east european routines... yeap china's good. :D
By huilinglee
On Sun Apr 06, 2003 08:31 PM
i love china gymnasts. Very unique in their own way. and different. I haven't seen a chinese group perform. BUt i wish I could.
and Zhong ling is fantastic.
By megabee
On Wed Apr 09, 2003 01:55 PM
I went to china about three years ago and i saw an acrobatics show!. all the performers were brilliant. in one act a boy and a girl probably not much older than six were performing one arm handstand on poles with their legs doing all sorts of amazing things and they would jump from one pole to another. there was also contortionists and women twirling plates on the ends of long sticks while on top of each others shoulders. oh, and there were these bendy poles, one person would hold on to one end of the pole and a small child would bounce off the pole, perform a flip and land back on the pole. it was breathtaking!
By LEscrimeurFemmemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 13, 2003 07:00 PM
correction - the yellow writing does say "china"
the chinese gymnasts look amazing =)

ReplySendWatch