Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Getting Started..?
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:39 PM

I want to start up, but I have no idea where to begin..Also, how hard would it be to teach myself? I'm not sure if there are any studios or whatever near me that teach the basics..

I've only heard that the 6-step is the first thing you really learn (haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure its online in a few hundred places)..and then I need to work on getting my upper body and core strength up..I'm strong but I don't think I could support myself using just my arms just yet..

Any tips? Oh, and please respond also to if you think I'd be able to teach myself..or at least training in the basics. Thanks! No flames please.

5 Replies to Getting Started..?

re: Getting Started..?
By FusionsdancerPremium member
On Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:01 PM
Where are you located? I am hoping to start up some breakdancing classes at my studio. I think it could be difficult to teach yourself since there is a certain technique to it.
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 08:53 AM
In Missouri in the US
By FusionsdancerPremium member
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 03:47 PM
Sorry in Massachusetts
On Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:39 PM
Anyone else? Or what about types of strengthening you do?

I learned how to do the 6-step off youtube (:)hah) and was wanting to get to the point where I could do some basic freezes.
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 01:20 AM
mmm youtube is helpful but bboy.org will provide you with most of the information for your foundation. Obviously it's ideal to have someone to teach you in person in combination with various sources but do what you can!

I know there are quite a few bboys in missouri and I am in connection with a decent amount of them.

ReplySendWatch