Forum: General / Ballroom / Tango

Tango
Looking for Tango music videos for university project
By Tiggerpants Comments: 933, member since Fri Jan 05, 2007
On Wed Feb 20, 2008 09:12 AM

I'm making a music video as part of a project for my university course. Being a dance addict I'm choosing an electronic tango track (along the lines of Gotan Project and probably Santa Maria). I have bribed a couple into starring in said video so I'm pretty much sorted.

Hoooowever...part of my write up has to include contextual analysis ie. other music videos that include tango. Also, in the background of the video I'll be playing clips of tango (check out my juxtapositioning).......(is that even spelled correctly? ).

This is where I need help;

I have several dance DVDs ie. Take The Lead, Shall We Dance etc. that I can take clips from. What I need now is actual music videos so if anyone knows of any that you could recommend that I use I would be really grateful. I've found a couple of clips on YouTube (not really sure they're going to be fantastic when blown up on a TV screen) as well.

One more question - Does anyone remember the advert for some kind of alcoholic drink (beer maybe?) where the woman dances and then pours the water/champagne over her feet in the empty bar?

If you read to the end of this you deserve a cookie. If you reply then even better

xXx

2 Replies to Looking for Tango music videos for university project

re: Looking for Tango music videos for university project
By Ellsmum Comments: 550, member since Sun Sep 30, 2007
On Wed Feb 20, 2008 03:13 PM
I love the sequence in Moulin Rouge where they do a tango to 'Roxanne'. They portray a whole story which is really atmospheric and full of passion - it gives me goosebumps!! If you haven't seen it then do - it's really worth it.

As for the advert I know the one you're talking about - I'm sure it's a lager or beer advert but I have a feeling it's paso or flamenco she's dancing. I'm sure the brand will come to me in the middle of the night now!!!!

Good luck with your project
Lorraine x
re: Looking for Tango music videos for university project
By Tiggerpants Comments: 933, member since Fri Jan 05, 2007
On Thu Feb 21, 2008 04:06 AM
I have the scene from Moulin Rouge as well. Again, it's one of the clips that's going to be played in the background. I really do love that movie lol.

The advert, I've now found out, is for St Miguel beer and she's dancing flamenco. The style of dance doesn't really matter because I'm also focusing on other things such as the style that it's filmed in, lighting etc.

:) xXx

ReplySendWatch