Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Beginners

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Do you practice dance at home?
By Dancing_cutie05member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:59 AM

I love dancing, and I practice a lot at home, and it really helps me improve faster.Do you practice at home?

38 Replies to Do you practice dance at home?

re: Do you practice dance at home?
By liltapdollmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 21, 2008 02:29 PM
When I was little I used to practice and stretch ALOT at home becuase I was entirely obsessed with dancing. I also practice at home now but not as much as I used to. I think everyone should becuase you improve 100%!
By LeMusiquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 21, 2008 03:39 PM
If you practice at home, and the right way, you will improve! When you go back next class, you will definantly impress your teachers and other students in the class! So keep practicing, you will ALWAYS get better if you put the effort into practicing atleast a few times a week! ;)
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 21, 2008 03:48 PM
Only if I have time because of school work.
By lovelydancer_92member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 21, 2008 04:07 PM
Yes I do! I practice everyday at least once (in between school work, etc.) Then, I listen to the music on my iPod, and try to visualize the dances. This actually really helps me know the dances better =)
By heartofglass
On Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:23 PM
Sometimes I practice at home if I have the time.
By PeAcELoVe
On Mon Feb 25, 2008 07:43 PM
I do ALL the time. It's good to practice at home, because it defintely improves your dancing skills, and if you stretch every day as well, it makes you more flexible... and you gain so many benefits dancingwise.

xoxo--Brit
By DizzyLizzie
On Wed Feb 27, 2008 03:16 PM
I am always practicing and stretching at home. Even when doing homework, I will sit in the splits or a straddle.
By dance_dance14
On Wed Feb 27, 2008 03:27 PM
I try to stretch every night, and I have all the songs that I have dances to on my ipod. Before I go to bed, I sometimes run through one of the dances. This really helps my memorization, because no one can ever remember the new stuff and I can. :)
By Dancing_Girl96member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:43 AM
Well at my studio 6 days a week but I stretch everyday and on the day that I don't dance I go through my dances and practise things I need to improve on. I find that it really helps
By cballet
On Fri Mar 21, 2008 09:27 PM
I always practice at home, especially when we work on a new combination we're going to keep building on, or if I have trouble with something. I also try and stretch a lot at home, but I like stretching, and it's not much effort. I just move around when I have the radio or TV on, and I tend to drill routines into my head pretty well that way.
By music_is_my_life
On Sat Mar 22, 2008 08:16 AM
Everychance I get a home I practice dance. It gives you your own time to work on things without other people around and can really help you focus! I love it.
By envanligand
On Sun Mar 23, 2008 01:50 PM
I'm always practising new dance-steps, i do pirouettes alsmost everyday, barre-work, ballroom with my boyfriend and of course STRETCHING a lot :D
By Little_Jazz_Baby
On Mon Mar 31, 2008 03:31 AM
haha YES!
I drive my family insane, leaping and piroetting around the family room, which thankfully is big :D
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 01, 2008 03:59 AM
Yes! I practise a lot at home in between homework and everything else! :D x x x
By Christianchica
On Wed Apr 02, 2008 01:51 PM
lemme tell u this.... I drive my family insane with my practicing at home!! they are so used to it now though... they don't even notice.
By dance56SEHvun8member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 10, 2008 02:39 PM
Yes!! I listen to the songs in my bedroom and sit in the frog position during my homework and stretch while on the phone and turn and leap and generally dance all around my house ( and the hall at school. And in grocery stores. And in the mall...)!!!!
By Dancing_cutie05member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:17 PM
wow!in grocery stores and in the mall, that's interesting:)
By punkgirl59
On Sat Apr 12, 2008 04:39 AM
Every single day. My sister has a dance studio in her basement so I spend a lot time there, or in my gym's dance room. But they're both a little bit of a drive, so usually just in my kitchen or basement.

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By dancing_diva_xo
On Wed May 14, 2008 01:51 PM
yes, I do practice alot at home. I feel like I can focus more sometimes but dont have enough equipment. \I can do difficult turns at home but at the studio no way. it helps alot though !
By Jazzonia
On Wed May 14, 2008 10:54 PM
My husband can never understand why I insist on taking on a studio when I could practice at home. But for me, the extra pressure and chance to perform for other dancers pushes me. I do love practicing turns at home though.
By Rubberband17member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 15, 2008 11:16 AM
Oh my goodness yes! It helps me improve so much! I feel nervous to go to class if I don't practice what we learned the class before at home. Like our across the floor combinations, and leaps, and our recital dance. I love practicing at home, because I can mess up all by myself!
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 18, 2008 08:01 AM
I practice all the time!
By Danze_Pantz
On Mon May 19, 2008 11:45 AM
I always stretch at home when watching TV or doing homework. then when im in my kitchen ill just start practicing my spins out of no where :P i think its good to practice outside of class because you can have fun with what you are doing and also discover new things about the way you move or how far you can go. and less pressure too!
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 01, 2008 06:00 PM
I always dance at home. I actually choreograph dances at home.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch