Forum: General / Jazz / Lyrical

Lyrical Shoes: Dance Paws or FootUndeez?
By leapin_lizardPremium member
On Tue Mar 04, 2008 09:15 PM

Hey everybody,

I am currently using half soles in lyrical, but I am thinking that I might get either some footundeez or dance paws to dance in for next year. They sell both at my studio, and I was just wondering what you guys thought of each one and if you had a preference between the two. I would also like to know which one is more durable, if there is much of a difference between them in that area. I've heard that dance paws sometimes wear out quicker than footundeez, but I just wanted to hear some more opinions before I bought any. Thanks you guys!

leapin_lizard

23 Replies to Lyrical Shoes: Dance Paws or FootUndeez?

re: Lyrical Shoes: Dance Paws or FootUndeez?
By groovychick0813member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 05, 2008 07:09 PM
I used FootUndeez for my drill team's Spring Show last year, and they fell apart by the time we put on the show. I did absolutely love them after I had broken them in and while they were still in one piece though, they were very comfortable...but just not too durable.

This year I'm trying dance paws, and so far they've been more durable. They're not as comfortable, since they go between each toe, but then again mine aren't completely broken in yet.

If you only need them for a short time or are willing to buy many pairs, I would suggest FootUndeez...if you want some that will last longer, but take a bit longer to get used to, then I'd go with the dance paws.

Hope I helped!
By DizzyLizzie
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 03:40 PM
I prefer the paws. Mine actually lasted a while, like 5-6 months or so. I also like them more because I feel like it covers more of my foot than the FootUndeez.
By magdalenemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 03:59 PM
I found the foot undeez shifted around on my feet more, especially for turns. The dance paws cut my circulation off more.

I've also worn the Bloch foot thong, Dance class's Foot Mitten, and So Danca's Cat's paw.

The Cat's paw was most comfortable, but also shifts around the most.
By dancinmouse2113
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 05:50 PM
The DancePaws are my favorite. They are easier to do things in, fit just as well as the foot undeez, and they don't wear out. I have had the same pair for 3 years and I wear them 2 days a week. I love them
By rehxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 05:54 PM
dance paws lasted much much longer for me

footundeez i think are more comfortable in a way, but they tend to shirt around of my feet especially after lots of turns.. mine tend to get holes on the sides.
By dancingrl247
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 08:53 PM
i didn't like dance paws because they have holes for each individual toes and i ended up having to make little slits in each side in order to fit my toes in/ prevent cutting off my circulation. plus then it looked a little messy with the different size hoes.

i really liked the foot undeez, i thought they were pretty durbale (i wore mine all year) and stayed on my foot better than foot thongs we've used before.
By KangarooPawmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:54 PM
I dance barefoot.
All the time [except tap and hip hop, obviously.]

My kids I teach wear foot undeez during warm ups and classes, but when it comes time for choreography and working on their numbers, they take them off. They aren't allowed to wear them for their dances. By the time competition rolls around, they get all nasty looking and make the costumes look unprofessional on the stage. And if they have new ones for competition, they're not broken in.

So they're just simply not allowed to wear them, except when taking class.
By leapin_lizardPremium member
On Sat Mar 08, 2008 03:39 PM
Thanks for all your help you guys! I am going to try some different styles and see which ones I like the best. You guys helped me to weed out some, I really appreciate it!
By melanie_2213
On Sun Mar 23, 2008 06:14 PM
Im not sure if it is because I wear them so often but I use foot undeez and I usually put i've usually put a whole in them within a couple of months. However I do prefer them over the Dance Paws, because they are not as tight.
By danceoutloud
On Sun Mar 23, 2008 06:33 PM
If you decide on FootUndeez the best thing that you can do is to reinforce them by stitching over where the pads are already sewn that way it's much harder for the threads to break and they'll hold up a lot longer especially if you go to conventions often and end up on the rug instead of the main floor.
~Jen~
By KLdance2
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 09:24 AM
Once you go dance paws you never go back. (because they're the best things ever)
By shootforthestars
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 08:21 PM
I like the dance paws because since there is a hole for each toe they don't move around a lot like the foot undies do. i have to readjust my footundies so much but never with my dance paws.
By dadcdancer
On Mon Mar 31, 2008 07:13 PM
defiantly dance paws we call them foot pawz at my studio i don't really like the foot undiez because they don't last as long as the foot paws even thought they go between each toe they still last longer and they cover more of your foot
By luvs2dancealot
On Mon Mar 31, 2008 07:58 PM
Footundez all the way! Just make sure you get the right size, I have a wide foot so i got the next size up but i should have stayed with my regular size. They will be tight at first but they stretch a lot!!!! They are also a lot cheaper but you will probably go through them faster. I also think they look better on stage. Just my opinion. Hope that helps!
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 07, 2008 08:53 PM
use foot undeez!! I don't use either anymore, but I used to wear both, and I like foot undeez better because they are better to turn in. But I don't wear them because when you turn, the ball of your foot turns but your toes drag!!! and it feels like your toes are breaking. so I dance barefoot, even though your toes drag, the ball of your foot isn't going faster than your toes and it feels better.
By live2dance4ever1
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 09:11 PM
i prefer barefoot because the foot undeez and dance paws make the ball of your foot slippery and then your toes stick and it hurts when you turn, but i would pick dance paws over footundeez, because the foot undeez are kind of uncomfortable to me and they are more slippery... dance paws worked better for me :)
By Jadamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Apr 12, 2008 06:04 PM
I've never tried FootUndeez but a girl from my studio had them. She wore them once and where the pad meets the fabric part riped open...not a little rip either, a giant rip that almost tore the thing in half!

A few girls in my class have Undeez but seriously, they dont do enough dancing on them to really use them, if that makes any sense.

I wear Dance Paws. I LOVE THEM! They run a little small though, but thats really not a big deal. My only beef about them is that the toe holes rip out, but that was after about 4 or 5 months of practice where I was sliding down an incline with strips of sandpaper (part of a prop for a dance) and the sandpaper was causing the paw to stick but my foot to still move...if that makes sense! And they cover more of the top of your foot if you'll be doing slide and stuff which is always good!

I'd definitly go with the Paws if you want them to last. They are a little more expensive but its definitly worth it!
By Nanpig
On Tue Apr 29, 2008 07:23 PM
I wore foot undies last year and at one competion at the end of my dance one of they where about to fall off. This year i am using foot paws and they are SOOOO much better. They stay on your foot,last longer and it is easier to do turns because it covers more of your foot.
By reneep
On Fri May 02, 2008 12:02 PM
I've danced in both and I prefer dance undeez. Neither is durable so I have a pair to practice in and a pair to perform in. At discount dance you can get cute practice ones in like pink polka dot, cheetah, zebra. What I don't like about the paws is that you have to cut your own holes for your toes and that was a disaster for me way too many times because if you make them too big your shoe will rip in no time. Even when the undeez do wear in I still like them better because they are still usable where the paws are not so much. Whatever you choose definitely have 2 pairs on hand though.
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 11, 2008 07:21 PM
At a dance store near my house called Fancy Dancers there is this three pack of foot undeez and they are so cute!!! On is plain, one is giraffe print and one is zebra print. They are really cute, but as I said I prefer bare foot. but once last week in Company Ballet I forgot my ballet shoes at home and my teacher said I couldn't wear barefoot and not jazz shoes, so my friend Erika let me borrow her giraffe pair, they were cute, but when we got into piroettes and fouttes, ouch!!!!
By moderndancer16
On Tue May 13, 2008 07:29 PM
Foot thongs II all the way!!!!!
i never tried foot paws but I heard they squeeze your toes, and I think foot undies are ugly!
By Rubberband17member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue May 13, 2008 09:40 PM
I have 3 pairs of Foot Undeez, (the solid tan, pink polka dot, and zebra stripes about 22.00 a pair) and I really like them. But the girls at my studio have started getting Dance Paws, (about 45.00 a pair) and say they are much more durable. My Foot Undez rip easily, and are already falling apart. I recommend the Dance Paws.
By JamisonUpton
On Sat Mar 13, 2021 01:59 AM
Exactly, this is what I think about this dance step it is really hard to do but you have made it easy for me with the simple trick. Most students like to read essayontime review before they hire an online writer to complete their assignments on time. Hopefully, I will be able to do it now because of the flexibility you talked about I already have it.

ReplySendWatch