Popular Teachers

Help guide those special dancers toward a professional career with this essential guide. by adamdance25
Finding success as a professional dancer requires so much more than great technique and performance...

Forum: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Recitals & Performing
need help wording recital message en>fr fr>en
By catcarmom Comments: 2, member since Thu Mar 06, 2008
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 PM
Edited by catcarmom (193079) on 2008-03-06 12:55:23 forgot age

My daughter (4 yrs old) will be dancing in her first recital in June. I bought a full-page ad, and I need some help with the message. I have carried the paper around with me for DAYS, and I just can't find the right words.

Could you help me please?? I want my message to her to be very special.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies to need help wording recital message

re: need help wording recital message en>fr fr>en
By Jadamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1491, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 04:02 PM
What do you mean by full page ad? Like in the program?
~~~~
We have things called "Happy Ads" where parents/friends write short little messages to their dancers and they show up in the program. My parents have only given me a few and they've been the traditional "You are a dancing star! We love you!" But I always liked reading ones that are different like "Mia, I remember when you couldnt even pronounce arabesque and now yours is 170 degrees! Good luck!"

What dances is she in? One year my friend was in danes called "What I like about You" and "reach For the Stars" so her parents made an ad that said "'What I like about you', sweetie, is that you always 'Reach for the Stars'"

Hope I helped!
By catcarmom Comments: 2, member since Thu Mar 06, 2008
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 04:38 PM
yes, it's in the program

she's dancing to a lion king song

I want something different...something nobody else would have on their page.

:)
By nadirisgift Comments: 54, member since Wed Sep 13, 2006
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 09:12 PM
Might I suggest something using the phrase "circle of life". Along the lines of " you completed my circle of life and love the day you were born and my life has been a dance of joy ever since."Your daughter might be a bit too young to understand it but it may touch others as they read your message to your daughter and how she has blessed your life.
By stacyp1 Comments: 1, member since Fri Mar 07, 2008
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 08:55 AM
I think the last response was wonderful. That would be a great message in the program.

I am in need of help myself. My daughter is dancing to Jump by Van Halen and We Built the City on Rock and Roll by Jefferson Starship.

HELP!

ReplySendWatch