Popular Ballet

Audition Pictures by PointeStudent
Soon it's going to be time to take audition pictures for SI. Is there any place to take good quality dance pictures around the Philly/NJ area? For not too expensive.

Forum: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Recitals & Performing
need help wording recital message en>fr fr>en
By catcarmom Comments: 2, member since Thu Mar 06, 2008
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 PM
Edited by catcarmom (193079) on 2008-03-06 12:55:23 forgot age

My daughter (4 yrs old) will be dancing in her first recital in June. I bought a full-page ad, and I need some help with the message. I have carried the paper around with me for DAYS, and I just can't find the right words.

Could you help me please?? I want my message to her to be very special.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies to need help wording recital message

re: need help wording recital message en>fr fr>en
By Jadamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1491, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 04:02 PM
What do you mean by full page ad? Like in the program?
~~~~
We have things called "Happy Ads" where parents/friends write short little messages to their dancers and they show up in the program. My parents have only given me a few and they've been the traditional "You are a dancing star! We love you!" But I always liked reading ones that are different like "Mia, I remember when you couldnt even pronounce arabesque and now yours is 170 degrees! Good luck!"

What dances is she in? One year my friend was in danes called "What I like about You" and "reach For the Stars" so her parents made an ad that said "'What I like about you', sweetie, is that you always 'Reach for the Stars'"

Hope I helped!
By catcarmom Comments: 2, member since Thu Mar 06, 2008
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 04:38 PM
yes, it's in the program

she's dancing to a lion king song

I want something different...something nobody else would have on their page.

:)
By nadirisgift Comments: 54, member since Wed Sep 13, 2006
On Thu Mar 06, 2008 09:12 PM
Might I suggest something using the phrase "circle of life". Along the lines of " you completed my circle of life and love the day you were born and my life has been a dance of joy ever since."Your daughter might be a bit too young to understand it but it may touch others as they read your message to your daughter and how she has blessed your life.
By stacyp1 Comments: 1, member since Fri Mar 07, 2008
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 08:55 AM
I think the last response was wonderful. That would be a great message in the program.

I am in need of help myself. My daughter is dancing to Jump by Van Halen and We Built the City on Rock and Roll by Jefferson Starship.

HELP!

ReplySendWatch