Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

PHOENIX , whos going ?
By balletbabe4eva
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 05:28 PM

Im going to the Pheonix workshop this year yay ! whos going ?

9 Replies to PHOENIX , whos going ?

re: PHOENIX , whos going ?
By lesha_13
On Sat Mar 08, 2008 03:42 PM
Unfortunately I can't because its at the wrong time of year! Im at a confrence for school and the one in Palmy is the day I get home and Hamilton's is the week after :(
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 13, 2008 01:08 AM
^Oh, that sucks!

I'm definitely going. Last year was SO AWESOME!

This year I'm being the "responsible adult," lol. My boyfriend and I are taking down a group of younger girls from the studio and staying in the motel with them, taking them to and from the venue, organising dinner, etc. I think I'm more excited about that, haha.
By lesha_13
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 03:25 PM
Oh wow! That sounds awsum!!
Yea thats like the NZAMD Stretch Leap Spin Confrence in wellington. 3 of us are going down and were going to a movie etc! i know how you feel lol!
By Merfi
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 PM
I went last year, and loved it! I want to go again, but it's right before I sit my Advanced 1 ballet exam, and would hate to risk getting injured.
By lesha_13
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 03:07 PM
Thats a good call!
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 08:19 PM
lesha_13, haha, yeah, I can't wait. We're now planning on going down on Friday afternoon and going out for dinner! So exciting, hehe.

Merfi, that's definitely a good idea!

balletbabe4eva, are you going to the Hamilton one, or the Palmerston North one?
By VenaCavaPremium member
On Sat Apr 05, 2008 07:34 PM
I'm definitely going but I'm still not totally sure about which level to do. I'd probably get along with not much difficulty in Intermediate but if I did Advanced I'd be nervous and scared out of my mind which would probably mess with my dancing. Mostly because I know what the skill level is like in Advanced and would seriously doubt myself and whether or not I belonged there. So yes any advice?
On Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:28 PM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2008-04-07 23:30:43
I did Intermediate last year, and then a week later we had substitute teachers all week who had been in the Advanced one, and taught us the Advanced dances. They weren't that much harder, just harder technique in some parts and they would have been taught heaps faster.

If you're going there to challenge yourself and not to be the best dancer, I'd say go for it.
By lesha_13
On Tue Apr 22, 2008 04:59 PM
Yea i did intermediate two years ago. I think it's a good level if you want to stay in your comfort zone but always push your limit!

ReplySendWatch