Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Tap - Advanced
Favorite class?
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1689, member since Sun Oct 14, 2007
On Wed Mar 12, 2008 05:27 PM

Just to get some discussion going:

What was your favorite tap class ever? Who taught it? What did you like about it?

3 Replies to Favorite class?

re: Favorite class?
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun Mar 23, 2008 04:41 AM
That's a tough one. It's probably a toss-up between the week of classes I did with Shane from the Tap Dogs and the week of classes I did when 6 months pregnant with Dale Pengelly from Hot Shoe Shuffle. They were both awesome.

What I liked about Shane's class was that he really tried to challenge us with regard to our understanding of rhythm. My favourite thing about Dale's class was that he used such a fusion of styles in his work that really gelled with me, since that's how I like to tap. Plus they were both top blokes.

Helen
By LilDancerGalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 269, member since Sat Jan 24, 2004
On Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:04 PM
One of my favorites was a master class that I took with Ben Ofer and Avi Miller.
They held a very relaxed class, and I loved how the combination they taught was not very hard step wise, but the rhythms were difficult and it was fast. It was nice to get away from a lot of the tricks and focus on purely rhythm.
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1689, member since Sun Oct 14, 2007
On Mon Mar 31, 2008 02:54 PM
^Ok, I don't know how it got started but a very large group of people think his name is Ben Ofer. It isn't. It's Ofer Ben. :)

ReplySendWatch