Poll: Irish / Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Do you congratulate other girls when they win a dance (even if it was yours)?
By worldchampion
On Sat Oct 04, 2008 02:55 PM
I do for the most part. IF they are just extremely rude girls then I might not but for the most part I do. I think that it makes them feel good about themselves and then they'll return the nicety later on when you win!

Comment #7692164 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-11-02 03:11:39 Profanity is not allowed on DDN. Neither is netspeak. If you wouldn't hand it in to a school teacher, it's not appropriate here.

re: Do you congratulate other girls when they win a dance (even if it was yours)?
By sonja_TJ
On Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:57 AM
yes im sure theyed do the same if you won... or it would be nice if they did : )
By clarabel
On Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:45 AM
i always do because i have lots of friends who dance against me from my school and other schools. I always say well done because when it is my time (when i won) everyone said well done to me. It made me feel happy and a congradulated them.
By Wathgwen
On Tue Feb 10, 2009 08:15 PM
Yes, when I actually SEE people. You know how it is.
By becca1825
On Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 AM
IrishLizzy wrote:

I usually do. If it's someone that I know has a big head already then no, I don't congradulate them...but that doesn't seem to happen that often.
The majority of the time I will say congrats to the dancers that placed in my group.

Ha ha I like your style. I definitely would do that too. I usually end up talking to girls back stage so it's rude not to congratulate them. I even congratulate the girl who's my main competition, it gets inside her head haha.
By ScullyPAmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Feb 13, 2009 07:25 AM
I've only competed two times, but as an adult dancer, I think it is beyond cool to see other adults, so I'm eager to meet the other dancers, chat, find out how they got there, encourage, etc., regardless of wins. I'm not in it for wins, anyway, have no idea what to do with those medals and things. I usually kinda feel like a goober on the stage.

And of course, I love to watch all the younger competitors, and my heart breaks for them when I see a fall or something like that, because I know first hand how hard everyone has been working! So, I spread the cheer as much as a I can.
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 15, 2009 06:49 PM
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you :)
By natasha_neason
On Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 AM
It each my daughter to always congratulate others, it's good Karma and teaches her to be a good sport
By abbier
On Mon Jul 02, 2012 05:13 PM
Its always nice to congratulate the person who has come first. In our school we all congratulate each other up until lately. I have found out the hard way. My daughter has just moved into the fully open grade and everyone was happy for her all bare one. A member of the teacher staff in our school couldn't even said congrats to her even though she told another dance she was very proud of her for coming 5th in her championship even though my daughter came 1st.

So I will always insure my daughter congratulates the person beside her.
By irishfeislovemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 02, 2012 05:46 PM
I definetly do. People congratulate me, so I congratulate them. There was a case a girl I knew just needed first in her trophy dance to move to prelims and she got first and I got second, and I was more excited for her!
By slipjiggerkenzie
On Sun Jul 15, 2012 06:18 PM
Edited by slipjiggerkenzie (241808) on 2012-07-15 18:21:09
I love to congratulate the winners. If they were from my own school, I always congratulate them. I have some nice friends in my PW group aw well, and yesterday, one told me after we came off the stage, that my SJ was really good. That felt really nice to hear, so I'm going to start doing it to everyone. And I always try to cheer on girls from my school, clap and watch them dance. Although I do think I must be a bit annoying. At the same feis yesterday, I was like whooping for everyone at my school. XD. But it's all good sportsmanship, and I think every dance school should encourage that for their dancers, because not only is it polite and nice to say, but it builds respect for the school. And who wouldn't want that? But the politeness is the main thing.
By QueenOf_TheDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 AM
I compete with the same girls every feis, and we're like a little web of feis friends. I always congratulate them on their placement whether they beat me or I beat them. Sure it's game on when we hit the stage, but side-stage and afterwards we're very nice and supportive of eachother.
By EamesDancer
On Sun Aug 05, 2012 06:27 PM
Yes, if I see them. Sometimes I have other dances on a different stage right after, but if I see my competitors I'll just say, "Good job - you did great!"

If I'm against my friend(s), I'll hug them and congratulate them, of course.
By reeldiva
On Mon Aug 06, 2012 03:23 AM
Yes, you should always congratulate your competition! I know a girl at my school that I always congratulated even though she was mean to my friends and I. She never did the same for me, but I always felt good when I told her "Good Job!" You could always consider it "Killing her with kindness" :)
By kellyl0907
On Thu Aug 09, 2012 03:31 PM
My DD always congratulates other dancer and it makes me very proud. Good karma!!
By Charlotte2305
On Mon Oct 08, 2012 03:58 PM
Yes! Everyone's friends and we support each other!
By reeldancer123
On Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:22 PM
If they happen to be around and I know their number, or if I know them yes. Its nice to be congratulated, and I think its good karma.
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:48 PM
Always!

I just think it should be done its polite and like people have said its good sportsmanship.

When we compete there is always lots of shaking hands and hugging and congratulating, especially in the older age groups like mine, we are all friends at the end of the day even though we are competitors
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch