Forum: Highland / Highland - For Sale / Dresses & Costumes

Highland For Sale - Dresses & Costumes
Adding photos if you are a new member (karma: 3)
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:37 AM
Edited by tassiemum (158209) on 2008-03-14 00:39:24 Had all sorts of mess!
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2008-03-14 18:28:55

If you are unable to upload a picture of your for sale item because you are a new member, you can use mark up codes to hotlink a photo instead.

Your image must already be on the internet somewhere, not just on your own computer. You can use a free image hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket.

At this stage, I usually have two browser windows open- one for DDN and one for my hosting site.

Hosting site- Upload the photos you want to include in your post to the hosting site.

DDN- Start the DDN post. Add whatever info you want, then on a new line where you want the picture to be, type
[IMG]

Hosting site- When the photo is 'on' the internet, right click the photo and click the Properties... option. A dialogue box will appear with all sorts of information, including the URL for your photo. Copy this whole address- it will be quite long and unweildly.

DDN- Paste the URL straight after the [IMG] with no spaces.
Once the URL is in type [/IMG] straight after it, again with no spaces. It must be these square brackets and it must ne IMG in caps.

It will look like this
[IMG]nameofsite.withallsorts.of.mess[/IMG]

You can add as many pictures or images as you like, as long as they are all on the internet somewhere else.
Please don't hotlink from another website or another page on DDN. This is called bandwidth theft and is not nice. You can copy an image onto your own computer, then upload it to your hosting site.

If you would like another version of this technique, check this DDN post out. It is very informative, and I learnt how to do this hotlinking from this one.

The first time you do it, it might take a while, but the Markup codes link in the 'Help with posting comments' box just below the posting window will help. If it all goes wrong, you have 2 hours to edit your post and make it pretty!

Hopefully this will help our newer members be able to include a picture with their For Sale posts and mean your item will sell more quickly!

14 Replies to Adding photos if you are a new member

re: Adding photos if you are a new member
By Hannahmom Comments: 1090, member since Sat Apr 01, 2006
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info! I'm not a new member anymore, so I can post a pic. but I didn't know how to post more than one picture! this helps a lot! Thanks again!
By RoadtotheIsles Comments: 475, member since Fri Aug 10, 2007
On Fri Mar 21, 2008 02:02 PM
Thanks Tassiemum for going to this amount of work to assist new members with their sale items.

There are currently approx 16 new ads posted since mid-Feb without photos and not following proper posting rules for sale items.

The guidelines state that without photo ad will be removed.

The last time this was a problem was back in Dec/07
when a DDN member complained.

All new members should carefully read and follow the posting rules. If the ad is not properly posted members can mod report it and it will most likely be deleted from the sale board.
By supermum Comments: 27, member since Tue Sep 20, 2005
On Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 AM
thanks for the information - didnt realize my add would have been deleted certainly will repost my ad.
By Olivias_mom Comments: 23, member since Fri Mar 13, 2009
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 AM
Thanks for going through all to the trouble for us new members. Especially those of us who are finding it hard to get the required number of posts on to remove our 'new member' status.
By Karrenmom Comments: 143, member since Sun Dec 26, 2010
On Sun Dec 26, 2010 07:37 PM
Thank you very much for this information. As a new member (by 30 min) I have some time before I can qualify to post pictures! I'll give this a try soon.
By Denimac Comments: 20, member since Sun Aug 28, 2011
On Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 AM
Thanks for the info it was very useful
By Denimac Comments: 20, member since Sun Aug 28, 2011
On Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:27 AM
Thanks for the info it was very useful ...
By merridancer Comments: 37, member since Sun Apr 18, 2010
On Sun Oct 23, 2011 07:09 AM
I am a new member, and I read your explanations which I thought is helpful, I did as it says, when I pressed the submit button the answer came sorry new accounts cannot post links or image hot links. Then how does it work? Could you please tell me what to do.
Many thanks.
By gillies4three Comments: 49, member since Thu Oct 07, 2010
On Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 AM
how can I add an additional pic to my post after posted.
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Tue Feb 14, 2012 03:32 AM
If you want to add another mage within the 15 minute editing time, you can add it to the original post. If the 15 min is up, you will need to reply to your own post and add the extra image to the new post.

If you really want all the images in the same post, LOCK (click on the edit button and you'll get the lock option) your original post, and post a whole new one.
By Hardy5 Comments: 26, member since Thu Jun 21, 2012
On Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:14 AM
Thank you for the helpful hints for posting photos.
By Ceilidh1 Comments: 26, member since Wed Mar 20, 2013
On Fri Apr 12, 2013 05:26 PM
Very good to know - thank you! I was wondering what I was supposed to do in this case.
By DM2001 Comments: 6, member since Sun Apr 21, 2013
On Tue Apr 23, 2013 07:48 AM
Thank you for the information. As a new member I wasnt able to post pictures. This will help!
By Sophiemaysmum Comments: 30, member since Tue May 29, 2012
On Sat Aug 17, 2013 03:51 PM
Thanks for the information, did not realise post would be removed with no photos

ReplySendWatch