Forum: Canada / Toronto

Ballet focused studios in the GTA?
By Aurore
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:23 AM

Title says it all. I was wondering if there are studios in the GTA that focuses on ballet but are not career oriented like NBS, does it exist or am I wishing for too much?

8 Replies to Ballet focused studios in the GTA?

re: Ballet focused studios in the GTA?
By indigo_dancer
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 04:16 PM
There are dance studios where you can take as many classes as you want. One ballet school for the recreational ballet dancer
is Pia Bouman school of ballet and creative movement piaboumanschool.org also Dance Teq is soooo wonderful! You have teachers who are retired principal dancers for places like RWB and NBS, it is the best school! danceteq.com and there is of course Metro movement metromovement.com. Also at NBS they have a great open school in the evening. Classes can run from 5-9! Hope this helps xx
By merlot143
On Sun Mar 16, 2008 01:21 PM
I'm currently taking adult beginnger at NBS and I really enjoy it! It's not career-oriented at all (considering half of us are already middle-aged!)
By Aurore
On Wed Mar 19, 2008 05:17 PM
Thank you very much for your replies! I was thinking NBS's associate program but I couldn't find much information about it (like schedules etc.). Thanks for telling me the time :)
For Pia Bouman School, my age doensn't fit into the youth dancer's program, but is pre-profesional (the one were my age fits) really for future professionals or can you take it for fun?
By indigo_dancer
On Fri Mar 21, 2008 01:14 PM
Of course it can, you choose where you want to go but if you did want a career in it, the teachers can help you in that area. xx
By Aurore
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 09:38 AM
thanks a lot! now for the hard parts, finding the gotrain+ttc routes (I live outside of TO)and convincing my parents :P
Happy Dancing!
By two_left_feet_2
On Fri Mar 28, 2008 07:59 PM
Edited by two_left_feet_2 (135784) on 2008-03-28 20:00:01 forgot a word
Which direction from Toronto do you live? There are some good ballet focused schools outside of Toronto.
By Aurore
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 06:19 PM
I live around the durham region, there are not much around here :P
By two_left_feet_2
On Sat Apr 12, 2008 09:37 AM
The Pickering School of Ballet (in east end Scarborough) is very good. Also, there is one in Whitby called Davis which focuses on ballet and modern.

ReplySendWatch