Forum: Highland / Highland - For Sale / Dresses & Costumes

Highland For Sale - Dresses & Costumes
How to post Photos. MANDATORY for ANY for sale thread. (karma: 1)
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Fri Mar 21, 2008 05:27 PM

If you sign up for a photobucket account your pictures can be uploaded on your account there and then you can post them into your comment here on DDN

here is the link to photobucket.com

Once you have uploaded your photo to that, there will be a URL underneath which you just paste into your message

The URL will look like this.

[IMG ] (Photo name) [ /IMG] but with no spaces.

You can also copy the link of the photo and post it between the [IMG] codes.

Now there should be no excuse as to why there aren't pictures in the for sale thread.

I hate to be a jerk, but we have had too many people complaining because people aren't posting the required information in threads. So starting today threads that do not list the required information will be removed.

If you find you need help please let me know.

-Maggie

18 Replies to How to post Photos. MANDATORY for ANY for sale thread.

re: How to post Photos. MANDATORY for ANY for sale thread.
By Ruthmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2564, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Sat Mar 22, 2008 01:15 AM
Thanks Maggie :)

Happy Easter everyone

Ruth :D

Comment #7005483 deleted
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2008-03-26 05:08:27 Sorry but a one word post adds nothing to the thread

By highlandmom3 Comments: 18, member since Sat Jun 09, 2007
On Sat Apr 05, 2008 08:10 AM
I hope that if you are taking the time to eliminate some people's add's for sale b/c of no pictures, that you take the time and eliminate ALL adds without pictures. Rules are rules, right?
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Sat Apr 05, 2008 08:28 AM
If you find posts that are like that are you modding them?
By highlandmom3 Comments: 18, member since Sat Jun 09, 2007
On Mon Apr 07, 2008 08:10 PM
no I am not modding them. I honestly don't see a problem with it.
On Mon Apr 07, 2008 08:22 PM
^ Unless people mod them I don't always catch them.

We have these rules for a reason...because people ASKED for them.

You may not see a need for them...but others members do.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:01 AM
The mods don't have unlimited time and energy to trawl through every for sale post ever created. That's when members come in and help us out. We're volunteers with day jobs and other obligations, too. There's no way we could keep up with everything.

So, why wouldn't you mod report something that is against the rules? You know, because rules are rules...you said so yourself.

Dani
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:06 AM
I hope that if you are taking the time to eliminate some people's add's for sale b/c of no pictures, that you take the time and eliminate ALL adds without pictures. Rules are rules, right?

Well unfortunately we have other areas to moderate besides the highland forum. I know that is hard to believe. If you don't care if people follow the rules and you don't want to mod them that is your right. That doesn't mean that we are purposely leaving them up or that it isn't against the rules.
By MCHARGUE Comments: 17, member since Tue Oct 16, 2007
On Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 PM
Hi there. I must be completely inept. I have uploaded my photo to photobucket. Filled out all the info twice and when I ask to preview my Ad, it just says "error on page". I have posted before, just never with a photo. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
By karenbone Comments: 28, member since Mon Mar 09, 2009
On Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:41 AM
Thanks for the information. It will help in the future!!!
By lauritaxi Comments: 27, member since Sun Jul 19, 2009
On Sun Oct 18, 2009 04:25 AM
i understand your reasoning behind needing photos on all listings but please remember that not everyone is good with technology!!! that doesn't mean that we are not trustworthy sellers.
By Katja144member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3223, member since Sat Jul 30, 2005
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:29 PM
^It has nothing to do with being trustworthy. People like to see things before they buy...what the tartan looks like, exactly what color the waistcoat/jacket is, how the hose are done, etc. If you're so bad with technology that you can't take a picture and post it on the internet, you probably won't have the skills to post a listing online either.
By dancingrulesmom Comments: 265, member since Mon Feb 27, 2006
On Thu Apr 01, 2010 05:18 AM
I find Katja's comment very rude from Oct.22 2009. While I do own a computer and know how to type and acutally have a masters degree in adult education,I do not own a digital camera by choice. So to say if we cant upload a picture we are not bright enough to post an ad I take great insult from her comment and think moderators should think before typing comments for everyone to see.
By booverly Comments: 1980, member since Fri Jul 02, 2004
On Thu Apr 01, 2010 06:30 AM
Katja is not a moderator.

If you didn't like her post, click on the Mod button in the lower right of her post and tell a real Moderator what you think. That's what it's there for.

As TheMidlakeMuse (a real mod) posted above:
The mods don't have unlimited time and energy to trawl through every for (sale) post ever created. That's when members come in and help us out.

Give the mods a helping hand and we'll all get along much better! :)
By dancingrulesmom Comments: 265, member since Mon Feb 27, 2006
On Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 PM
Thanks Booverly I did as you said. Missing you around the competitions. Hope you and your daughter are well.
By maweedancingdiva Comments: 33, member since Mon Jul 18, 2011
On Thu Mar 01, 2012 09:29 AM
I'm trying to add a post on the for sale items, I've followed the instructions step by step and when I preview it I get the following message;

"This forum is exclusively for uploading photos. Your comment did not contain a photo (or your upload failed) please try again."

But when I look at my post the photo is there but it is really big rather than being a wee picture at the side, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thank you
By highlanddancer1 Comments: 43, member since Tue Sep 28, 2010
On Mon Jul 01, 2013 05:25 PM
Edited by highlanddancer1 (226585) on 2013-07-01 17:29:16
I'm trying to upload an image for sale and I keep getting the following messages.

Image problem: File is too big to upload to server (1).
This forum is exclusively for uploading photos. Your comment did not contain a photo (or your upload failed). Please try again.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.... my image is only 2.8MB and the maximum upload is 8MB, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
By scottiemama Comments: 283, member since Wed Mar 19, 2008
On Sun Mar 19, 2017 09:30 AM
Hi All,
I posted several items for sale yesterday and they all went to the General: for sale section. Is there a way to move them specifically to the Highland: for sale section? I have tried everything that I can think of and now a couple of my items are posted twice and I know that's a big no-no. Can someone please help me out as I have sent a couple messages but still haven't received a reply.

ReplySendWatch