Priority For Sale

Forum: Arts / Body Art

Body Art
Can flesh tunnels return to a normal size? en>fr fr>en
By Balletcapimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 472, member since Fri Sep 02, 2005
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 AM

I am interested in stretching my ear lobe to only a small gauge of probably 3mm or 4mm at the most, and someone told me a small gayge such as that can return to its "original" size if you take the plug out for long enough. So I am asking if this is true and has anyone done this and f so was it effective??? The only reason I ask is because my parents are not so keen on the idea of me having a hole in my earlobe so if I could present them with facts etc they may warm to the idea [fingers crossed!]!

Thanks in advance!

17 Replies to Can flesh tunnels return to a normal size?

re: Can flesh tunnels return to a normal size? en>fr fr>en
By oooshinymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1876, member since Wed Dec 12, 2007
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:25 AM
Edited by oooshiny (189290) on 2008-03-27 11:27:21 forgot a bit
Haha, the title kind of threw me off guard for a minute (flesh tunnels are a kind of jewelry for stretched ears!) :)

Aaaanyway... it's different for everyone but generally the holes can shrink back to relatively normal size up to and including a 2g (6-6.5mm) and sometimes from even a bit higher gauges. Honestly though, you'll be fine if you decide to go back. Plus those small sizes are super easy to hide ;)
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25785, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:09 PM
I think it's possible. I've never stretched my ears, nor do I intend to. However, I know with piercings, there's always a chance of shrinkage. I've had my belly button piercing for over 5 years and I'm still hesitant to take it out for more than an hour.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15164, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:24 PM
I had to look it up because I don't know mm sizes...and an 8g is 3.25mm. I have had 6gs (4.11mm) in my ears for over 4 years now and I don't heal up fast in my lobes (I went almost ten years not wearing ear rings when they were regular size and the day I put ear rings in, they felt just like they had ten years before) so I have a feeling that with that factor and the fact that I have had them so long, they aren't going to fully close.

But generally, the point of no return is about a 2g and bigger. 3mm really isn't that big and there is a very tiny chance that they would not close back up. It really depends on your body and how long you have them though. So, put a lot of thought into it before you stretch your ears. And please stretch them safely.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25785, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 02:12 PM
^One of the guys that used to work at Piercing Experience had stretched his ears so much that you could literally fit your fist through the hole. It was scary. He was stuck with that for the rest of his life. Frankly, I didn't even see how he could put jewelry in it or if the stretching was the only thing you were supposed to notice.
By BloodyDanceToesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3782, member since Fri Nov 29, 2002
On Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 PM
Met this guy a few years ago. Had 1-1/2 inch ears.

Today he has normal diamond studs in his ears. He just left them out and started downsizing. It took a few months. But it worked for him.

Theres no rule for how far you can go beofre you hit the point of no return. Basically, if you go to an 8g, you better be ready to have them forever. You probably won't.. but you better be ready for the outcome.

Also, the downsizing has to deal with how you stretched them. If you healthy stretched (with no blowouts and took your time and treated the well) chances are your ears will go back down when you want. Something about how you won't have all this scar tissue built up to deal with.

It just depends.
By gobbygibbo Comments: 116, member since Tue Aug 21, 2007
On Wed Apr 02, 2008 07:44 AM
hey
I have my lobe stretched to 10mm before that I had my ears pierced twice and now I cant but an earing in the second whole bcause of the stretcher in the first one there is no room hehe
but yeah you can return to origonal size but only if you don't go any bigger than i'd say 18mm beacuse you can return from 25mm but it takes time and hard work
I have also heard of people who take their tunnel/plug out and make the whole inside the ear blead say by cutting it or with sandpaper to make it heal up again but I think that is a bit extreme
emily
xxx
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8306, member since Mon Apr 01, 2002
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 05:37 AM
^ I don't think that would work either. I mean, scar-tissue is thicker and more bumpy than normal skin, so how could scar-tissue close up evenly? That's one of the reasons to why you're supposed to stretch slowly, to avoid ripping and thus developing scar-tissue, which makes it hard both to stretch further or heal up. Downsizing and vitamine E is usually the best way to go. (zinc and vitamine B might do wonders too)

Mine are 8 mm, and some days I take them out to rest them, and even though I can easily put the tunnel back in, the actual hole will look like it's about 3 mm within a few hours (I would know, because I have second hole that's about 3 mm). Now, I've never tried to actually let them heal, but I am pretty sure they would return to looking normal within a few weeks. Perhaps wearing heavy normal-sized earrings would make them look saggy though, I wouldn't know.

convert-me.com if you're not sure about translating measurements.
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 06:52 AM
oh noooo I have just made a huge mistake!!!
I am soo stupid I can't beleive I did it I went straight to 18MM from 10mm and its kind of ripped my ear i've took it out and iv decided to start over again and let the whole heal it actualy blead and went through to my second whole real bad!!
i should know not to rush it but have now learnt my lesson!!
poeple you should only go up 2mil each time arhhh it looks horrible!!:(
it will probably scar but the whole had totally healed
I just hope people will learn from my mistake!!
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8306, member since Mon Apr 01, 2002
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 07:07 AM
I don't get that... 18 mm is alot larger than 10 mm. I mean, you downsized by almost a centimetre.
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 07:49 AM
yes i know I just don't know why I did it extremely silly realy eh
well I have learnt my lesson but definatly the hard way it has healed up now and there is no whole and the swelling has gone down alot but i don't know why I did it I need more patients
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 09:54 AM
^So you went from 10mm to 18mm, not the other way around. Since 18mm is the larger of the measurements, that means you downsided rather than stretched. I assume that's what you were trying to say.
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:12 AM
Wait, I'm still not getting it. You stretched too much, so you had to downsize 8 mm as a result to start healing?

Or you tried to stretch from 10 mm to 18 mm in the first place?
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 03:56 AM
um yeah 18mm is bigger than 10mm hehe its lokking a bit better everyday though i just hope it heals propperly
On Sat Apr 05, 2008 02:06 PM
Was that the sound of my head imploding?
By alcasma3 Comments: 1, member since Mon May 12, 2008
On Mon May 12, 2008 12:55 AM
Edited by alcasma3 (196085) on 2008-05-12 00:56:35
what he meant was he went from a 18 gauge to a 10 gauge
By BloodyDanceToesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3782, member since Fri Nov 29, 2002
On Mon May 12, 2008 04:46 AM
Wait,

You went from 00g, to 11/16g? wtf and WHY?

And now your ears are ripped, and healing up, so no more stretched ears right?

That was dumb.

(We sooo hijacked this thread from the OP)

-bdt-
By Lovesongmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1017, member since Fri Nov 26, 2004
On Tue May 13, 2008 12:04 AM
gobbygibbo wrote:

I went straight<b> to</b> 18MM <b>from</b> 10mm

I think some people read that wrong, this DDN'er, from what I'm reading, said that they started WITH 10mm and went TO 18mm, FROM 18 TO 10.

Either way, this thread is getting confusing, so I'll just reply to the original question:

My piercer, when I met him about 4 years ago, had his lobes stretched- I don't know how far, because I'm a tattoo enthusiast more than piercing, so I don't know my gauges.. but they were huge, larger than a nickel, but not QUITE as large as a quarter, or maybe the size of a quarter. They were big. Nice big holes in his ears. He took them out about a year after I'd met him, and I just ran into him at the bar this past Saturday (not that I hadn't seen him since, it's just the most recent time I can remember), and I didn't notice his ears looking any different from anybody else's, and I used to notice the holes- they're just not there anymore. So yes, it is possible, I think it just depends on the individual and how you go about doing it.

ReplySendWatch