Forum: Irish / Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You

Go REEL!
By FeisForFoodmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 04:07 PM
Edited by FeisForFood (163151) on 2008-03-27 16:42:06

Congratulations to our very own Reel (formerly known as TheReelCIA and reelopendancer) on recalling at her first Worlds! Everyone wish her luck for her set, can't wait for the results. :D

12 Replies to Go REEL!

re: Go REEL!
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 04:16 PM
Woot!! Way to go!!
By holly_irishdance
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 04:30 PM
Wow what an amazing achievement at her 1st ever worlds! Let us know how she does! :)

Holly
x
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 04:35 PM
Awhh awesomeness! Congrats!
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 04:44 PM
Who-hoo! I can't wait to see how she does... we'll have to throw a DDN conrats party to all the worlds dancers when they're back.
By luv2jigmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 04:53 PM
Great job! I keep "F5-ing" to watch for you!
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 05:56 PM
Edited by FeisForFood (163151) on 2008-03-27 18:21:01 they're in!!
Me too. :P Results at 12:15am Belfast time. Those poor girls were dancing their sets until almost midnight!

EDIT: Results are up!! I'm hesitant to post her place because obviously it would give away a full name. She did great and I'll let her tell herself if she likes when she gets home. :)
By Reelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 09:41 AM
Edited by Reel (172192) on 2008-03-30 10:22:02
Awwww thanks guys!!!! It was sooo nice coming home to some lovely comments and messages and also this thread! Awww. :)

Most of you probably don't know but I injured my foot a week and a half before I was to dance and stayed off it literally until Wednesday night, and the first time dancing full out with it injured was actually on stage! I hadn't done anything to keep stamina up or anything and I did amazingly - thanks to all the prayers and the will of God. I seriously wasn't "supposed" to have any energy or anything but God gave it to me and I danced the best I have since Oireachtas 07.

My set...well...didn't go as planned. I was supposed to do the Piper (which, depending on what speed you do it at would be hornpipe or jig timing) but they said that on the "official" list it was a hornpipe set. I of course was required to do a jig set. Ugh. Literally 2 minutes before I was up to dance I had to run out to my teacher and we decided I'll do Drunken Gauger. Which I couldn't remember. I made it up on stage, trying to throw in pieces that I remembered from 2 separate DGs that I've known. Pretty much managed to do the same thing on the right and left foot but then made up the set for the most part. Slipped at the end but it worked out well and I finished. So for not doing a set I had prepared, not dancing in over a week, being injured, and for my first time...I must say I'm pleased with how I did! I wasn't even expecting a recall (it being my first time) so that alone was amazing. I got 42nd and they recalled 44. Should I have been able to do my "real" set I think I would've done better, by another 5 or 10 places (based on how it places at regular comps). but hey I'm not complaining!!! Next goal - qualify again then get top 20 in Philly! Yeah!

Thanks again guys :D

~Reel

EDIT: There were some fab action shots of me (*ahem* if I do say so myself...) but I don't know where to find them, I just found the awards photos. And oh yes, I did my set at like 11:30 or so. But hey I've seriously ALWAYS wanted to dance late at night! I'm a night owl and perform best in the late night hours anyway ;). So that was actually pretty cool!
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 01:15 PM
Can I say I would have been completely FREAKING out about the set?! I can't believe that. It's amazing that you recalled your first time, though. And to place how you did! That's wonderful. :) Haha, I would have been dead by 11:30. Dance? Are you kidding me?

Yeah, they're apparently not allowed to post action lots like they did for AI. :(
By Rosiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 01:22 PM
Did you get a cool medal? You needa take a picture and show usss!

And I'm with you about being a better dancer at night! I'd loveee to compete every feis at 11, I'm most awake then! =D
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 02:15 PM
Yeah fortunately I know 2 (actually 3 but I totally don't remember one) Drunkens although I still wasn't thinking clearly enough to get through either of them. Now that I think of it I should've just done Piper to the Drunken Gauger music - I'd done it before. But naturally being panicked it slipped my mind. Also it helps that I'm really good at just making stuff up on the spot and improvising. And somehow my feet remembered the same thing on both feet (mostly)! And trust me I was freaking out but as my teacher said, the ability to do what I did makes me a champion lol.

That sucks they won't put the action shots up. Fiespix should post them on their site eventually though, right? I mean they can't expect everyone to order AT the competition.

Alright if I can I'll take a pic of it. Nothing special, just a medal, but it's a Worlds medal so I guess it's better than the average one :P. It's on an Irishly striped ribbon, has the CLRG logo and some little knotwork in the middle and says "Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne" around it.
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 02:50 PM
Hey, it's not just a medal! It's a medal from WORLD's. That is totally awesome. I think if I had one I would probably wear it to work, and the grocery store and everywhere else.

Congratulations on recalling at your very first worlds. :D
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 02:53 PM
^Haha you are right, but it's not an actual World Medal as in the WMH, which is sometime very soon what I want to have in my collection! But yes it's from Worlds no one can argue and it's cool :). I mean it's in color! :P I'm not gonna wear it everywhere but it definitely gets a special place, don't get me wrong!

And thanks :).

ReplySendWatch