Forum: Disco / Cozzies For Sale / Champs & Intermediate

Cozzies For Sale - Champs & Intermediate
Only reply to listings if you are interested in purchasing the costume! (karma: 2)
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 06:46 AM
Bumped by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2008-11-18 10:38:46

It must be terribly disheartening for a seller to see they have twelve replies to their listing when all twelve of them are something along the lines of "Lovely cozzie, it will sell in no time."

If you would like to compliment the seller on the costume, please feel free to send a PM.

If you are not interested in buying the cozzie, then DO NOT REPLY to the thread.

Replies that do not indicate interest in purchasing the listed cozzie will be removed. Repeat offenders will have administrative action taken against them. This means possible bannings.

Helen and the mod squad

22 Replies to Only reply to listings if you are interested in purchasing the costume!

re: Only reply to listings if you are interested in purchasing the costume!
By cdtwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1924, member since Wed Jul 28, 2004
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 01:13 AM
Well done mods!! I can confirm (as a seller) it is mighty annoying!

Thanks again

Emma
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 01:27 AM
Hope people really take note and Stop putting unnecessary replies

mama DD's xxx

Comment #7053743 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-04-05 23:22:17 No need to reply in this sticky as you replied on the Pairs board.

By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 AM
Since this seems to be becoming a problem again--everyone, please take note!

Dani
By rachbear73member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4523, member since Tue Mar 07, 2006
On Fri Jan 02, 2009 09:40 AM
I have to say that this is my major pethhate. Can people not read?!

Dont reply if you dont want the bloomin suit. I believe its whats called star farming. Im sure the MODs are inundated with mod report about this wasting everyones time :(

Rach xxx
By jellymum Comments: 49, member since Sun Jan 18, 2009
On Sun Jan 18, 2009 07:56 AM
As a new member I think people sometimes put these comments on as you have to post 23 public comments to become a full member, this for them is probably the quickest and easiest way to do this.And No I havent done so myself.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:07 AM
jellymum wrote:

As a new member I think people sometimes put these comments on as you have to post 23 public comments to become a full member, this for them is probably the quickest and easiest way to do this.And No I havent done so myself.

This is true. However, when these posts are found, they are removed, which brings the member's post count back down to zero. So it isn't worth the time it takes to post on For Sale threads.

Helen
By discosteph Comments: 20, member since Tue Feb 24, 2009
On Wed Feb 25, 2009 02:29 PM
Hi

I am a new member and want to apologise as I have added comments to costumes for sale as I misunderstood what I needed to do to become a full member. I did not mean to cause offense.

It is a little confusing when you look at costumes for sale and see commments added that do say "lovely costume hope you sell quickly" etc.

Again apologies and will not make same mistake again.
By K_kirsty Comments: 27, member since Sat Mar 07, 2009
On Sat Mar 28, 2009 07:19 AM
hii, thanks for this thread as a new member i wouldnt have had a clue what to do.

I can totally understand what you mean though, must be a nightmare!I hope to sell my dance costumes soon so I hopefully wont have the disappointment of such comments.

thanks for the post :)
xx
By DanceBecca Comments: 98, member since Mon Mar 30, 2009
On Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:29 AM
HI!
I am kind of agree to this.
But, when you are NEW MEMBER you have to do that!
You know, to be full member!!!!
x
On Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:00 AM
No, you don't have to reply to For Sale listings to become a full member. You have to make 20 valid posts and be a member for seven days to achieve full membership. Replying to a For Sale listing is not a valid post.

Another way you could achieve this 20 posts landmark is by looking on the other boards (try Disco-Disco, Disco - Solos or Disco - Photos) and contributing to the conversations there.

Helen
By snazzypants Comments: 74, member since Mon Jul 27, 2009
On Sat Aug 01, 2009 03:54 PM
this is quite true. i am new to dance net and this is my 17/20 comment. so only 3 left. i haven't left comments on costumes but could understand if some people didn't realise this was a no no.
jayne
By xx_Tara_xx Comments: 111, member since Fri Jan 08, 2010
On Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 PM
Sorry i'm a new member and i posted comments on 2 costumes saying there lovely etc.. but I didn't know that you wern't allowed do that so im sorry.But how else do you become a full member I don't know how else to post comments and you need to post 20 comments to become a full member.:) xx
By XxKacixX Comments: 1302, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Sat Jan 09, 2010 01:21 PM
hey, there are loads of different sections within disco(and outwith disco) that you can leave comments on so there are plenty other ways to become a full member without leaving invalid posts on the for sale sections!

Ruth xx
By mariona Comments: 42, member since Tue Mar 31, 2009
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:46 AM
Thanks for this info i am a new member and have found the information here very useful.
By gillmac1 Comments: 84, member since Tue Apr 19, 2011
On Fri May 06, 2011 04:01 AM
I am also a new member and didnt realise that you couldnt do this because you just look at what other people are doing on the site. Am looking for a new costume for my daughter but because I cant PM I find I am getting no repies from sellers to the questions I am posting which is frustrating when looking for a costume quickly.
By Ane Comments: 2, member since Thu May 12, 2011
On Sun May 15, 2011 04:06 AM
I am also a new member, and i agree to the person above me, it is a bit annoying when you are interested in a costume and cant PM the person selling it :)
By cezzie Comments: 15, member since Thu Feb 16, 2012
On Wed Mar 07, 2012 03:56 PM
I also agree with the two people above me. Finally got a breakthrough today though so there is hope. Looking forward to being a full member.
By Julie_Charlotte Comments: 30, member since Sat Apr 28, 2012
On Sat Jul 21, 2012 08:47 PM
This is very helpful when I am selling things

Julie xx
By Julie_Charlotte Comments: 30, member since Sat Apr 28, 2012
On Sat Jul 21, 2012 08:52 PM
Will your comment ber removed if you are looking for a friend without a dance.net account?
By jadens_funky_mum Comments: 41, member since Wed Jul 06, 2011
On Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 AM
I am a new member and haven't dine that yet maybe that's why it's took me so long to get to 20 comments lol but I will be sure now not to put comments up like that in future thanks x
By jinty789 Comments: 20, member since Mon Apr 30, 2012
On Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:09 AM
Me too a new member - glad I found this forum I will continue to talk to people this way to get my full membership. My daughter is desperate to start buying and selling. Thanks everyone

ReplySendWatch