Forum: Disco / Cozzies For Sale / Slow Dance

Cozzies For Sale - Slow Dance
Only reply to listings if you are interested in purchasing the costume!
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Thu Apr 03, 2008 06:48 AM

It must be terribly disheartening for a seller to see they have twelve replies to their listing when all twelve of them are something along the lines of "Lovely cozzie, it will sell in no time."

If you would like to compliment the seller on the costume, please feel free to send a PM.

If you are not interested in buying the cozzie, then DO NOT REPLY to the thread.

Replies that do not indicate interest in purchasing the listed cozzie will be removed. Repeat offenders will have administrative action taken against them. This means possible bannings.

Helen and the mod squad

22 Replies to Only reply to listings if you are interested in purchasing the costume!

re: Only reply to listings if you are interested in purchasing the costume!
By madmel30member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1536, member since Tue Jan 03, 2006
On Thu Apr 10, 2008 03:34 AM
well done helen and the team on such a fab sticky.
many thanks
mel xx
By freestlyefreak Comments: 116, member since Sat Jul 28, 2007
On Mon Jun 23, 2008 05:16 AM
1 Image(s) detached by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-06-24 05:32:45 image unnecessary
this is so true well said but it is also nice to get others feedback aswell some
times so perhaps there should be a different section for this

Comment #7307511 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-06-24 05:32:56 Double post.

By DancewearDesignPremium member Comments: 5614, member since Sat Jan 22, 2005
On Mon Jun 23, 2008 05:31 AM
Edited by DRESSMAKER04 (120103) on 2008-06-23 05:33:51
Hi,
Re ^^ comment from Freestylefreak it just slows down the boards and it takes longer for people to search for costumes if there are a lot of pointless replies to a costume for sale.
I agree it is nice to encourage the person who is selling the costume by saying how nice it is but there are other ways of doing this other than flooding the "for sale" boards.

Cathryn x
By mizzymeg Comments: 23, member since Fri Aug 08, 2008
On Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:42 PM
Thanks for that info Helen can be a little confusing when you become a new member.

Comment #7464954 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-08-13 22:03:45 You could have edited this info into your previous post yourself.

By Xanetia1 Comments: 25, member since Sun Jan 11, 2009
On Mon Jan 12, 2009 01:28 PM
In agreement with the last comment it is very daunting when you are new to a site and aren't sure what's right or wrong. Thanks again for the info.
By becca_boo_123 Comments: 202, member since Fri Dec 12, 2008
On Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 AM
agree!
ii put my cozzie up for sale next thing i knew
7 posts says lovley cozzie!
GRR
By lilian123 Comments: 23, member since Mon Sep 14, 2009
On Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:24 AM
as a new member to the dance site i have found it brilliant looking at all the costumes for sale.the only down fall is some of the sellers state -quick sale wanted but they dont get back to you. new members cant private message them and unless they reply to you,so mean while you lose out on the costume that you have chosen.its very frustrating as it only takes 3days to get a costume sent by recorded delivery and sent back if not suitable.i have read the comments and it is a bit silly to put nice cossie etc.you have to skip them all.
By lilian123 Comments: 23, member since Mon Sep 14, 2009
On Sat Oct 10, 2009 06:40 AM
im still waiting for sellers to get back to me as i am a new member and can not private message them.i know people can mess the sellers around but when you do want to buy a costume and they dont get back to you,u miss out on the next choice.
By xSlowStarx Comments: 125, member since Wed Jan 28, 2009
On Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:47 AM
Yes I do agree however new members have to post 20 comments before they can become a full member
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Tue Nov 03, 2009 08:15 PM
^And they can use their first 20 comments to be productive around the site, setting up goodwill with the community.

Helen
By Nikki1996x Comments: 32, member since Sun Nov 08, 2009
On Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:34 AM
Yeah I Totally Agree
Will Comment More Carefully!
Thanks Again
Nicola x :)

Comment #9000336 deleted
Removed by hummingbird (128773) on 2012-05-25 21:37:03 If you have a problem with the mod teams decisions you need to take it up with them, not on a public forum of which there are hundreds for you to comment on.

By Molly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 5093, member since Fri Feb 22, 2008
On Sun May 02, 2010 04:16 AM
^^ BoogieBabe10

comment on boards such as the well wishes boards; congrats, good luck, get well soon, happy birthday ect.
or you can comment any of the solos boards where members post their new suits(:

there are many things you can comment just dont do it on the for sale boards if your not actually interested in buying a new suit(s)

Molly xx
On Sun May 02, 2010 04:27 AM
Or you could actually find a conversation on the boards and add to it! *shock horror*

Helen
By morgymama Comments: 42, member since Thu Apr 01, 2010
On Sun May 16, 2010 02:37 PM
I joined this site and immeadiatly bought a costume now I need sell my daughters old costume. I am not a full member. I have to wrie twenty comments in order to become a full member. if I can not write a comment unless I want to buy a costume and can not pm unless I am a full member how can I ever achieve this? please please please can someone explain this to me?
By morgymama Comments: 42, member since Thu Apr 01, 2010
On Sun May 16, 2010 02:52 PM
how do they do that? it is not made clear any where on this site what you have to do with your twenty comments or where they have to be? I have spent a fortune on a costume on this site which proves I am serious. now all I wish to do is sell the old costume. I am finding this very frustrating doing what I was told to do then finding posts saying I will be banned for this? it should really be made clear to new members what is expected and not have contradictory directions!
By sarah_jayne Comments: 1855, member since Sat Nov 06, 2004
On Sun May 16, 2010 03:03 PM
Hi

^ you can reply to anything on the whole site - even under different boards such as advice , ballet etc to gain your 20 comments !

Only comments on the *costumes for sale* section are not allowed

Sarah xx
By angelakayleigh Comments: 20, member since Sun Jan 30, 2011
On Sun Jan 30, 2011 07:05 AM
thanks for the information its really helped thanks again angela and kayleigh
By AAW Comments: 31, member since Wed Feb 02, 2011
On Thu Feb 10, 2011 04:09 PM
I agree that it us not clear to new members where they need to post comments to become full members, it is extreamly frustrating when you are trying to become a full member so you can pm to purchase a suit and you are been banned or acused of star farming.
Thanks for the info on where the comments are supposed to be made :)
By wendyg Comments: 27, member since Wed Jun 06, 2012
On Wed Jun 13, 2012 03:13 PM
this is most definately usefull when you are new to this site!! ice been reading a lot of the sickys and think they are a great way to keep things safe and good for all users.....thanks

ReplySendWatch